Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,517   Online: 848

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

35mm Pinhole takeup reel ideas?

I am making a 35mm redscale pinhole camera out of some cardboard this afternoon, but since I no longer shoot 35mm I have a lack of spare cartridges laying around to take up the film. Does anyone have any other ideas?

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have a local film lab, they may have a bunch of empties lying around... mine use a Noritsu processor, and they end up leaving the cartridges intact with a little film tail sticking out, which you can tape the leader of the roll you're shooting to. Failing that, chopstick, 120 spool, small screwdriver?

You may also want to check out these sprocket clicker plans by alspix (the matchbox pinhole guy) for accurate film advancing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ended up finding one somehow among the clutter. Didn't think of the 120 spool, I have a few lying around and could have rigged that up with the film canister. Oh well...

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whatever gets the job done!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin