Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 821

Shooter
    35mm

pinhole in 35mm slide mount.

As I continue to develop this pinhole thing, my attention has turned to mounting the pinhole in the camera. Now mind you I'm trying to build a rather elegant thing here, so just taping it inside isn't what I'm looking to do.

I've toyed with the idea if mounting the foil between two washers, but I've just run across the idea of mounting it in a 35 mm slide. If I devise a nice way of taking the slide in and out, I could make a zone plate as well, and quickly switch between them.

The thing is I've never mounted a slide in my life. I can find Polaroid slide mounters. Is this the thing to do it with?

Other ideas or input?

Best,

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like a neat idea. There are more or less two kinds, the cardboard ones have a heat setting adhesive which you can activate with a tacking iron. The Gepe plastic ones snap together. I think I have some of both kinds, PM me with an address and I'll send you a few of whatever I can find.
    Most slide mounts are white, but a bit of paint can remedy that.
    How about a mounted slide negative carrier to hold it in place?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was also gonna suggest I could mail you some of my plastic ones ( Pakon )...I have a ton & I rarely use them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin