Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,040   Online: 1063

Thread: 35mm Holga?

Shooter
    35mm

35mm Holga?

I saw these Holga cameras with 35mm adapters on ebay. Anyone have any experience with them? Or should a Holga only be shot with a 120 film?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Colour-Flash-...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used my regular holga with 35mm ...all I did was cover the little window on the back

it worked great

I love the look of an image that covers the entire width of the film & into the sprocket holes

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by film_guy View Post
    I saw these Holga cameras with 35mm adapters on ebay. Anyone have any experience with them? Or should a Holga only be shot with a 120 film?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Colour-Flash-...QQcmdZViewItem
    They're a bit pants - dont need it, it just tells you how far you've gone into the roll and assists with keeping the light out...

My friend got one and I honestly think it took all the fun and experimentation out of the process (doing it with tape, a stiff whiskey and some tales about the one that got way etc...)
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    another person who just adapated my normal hoga to 35mm . works great.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've used 35mm in my Diana. I just used something to sit on each end of the film thing so it fit. I'd imagine you could do the same for a Holga. I really liked seeing the image go all the way to the edge of the film including the sprocket holes. Looked cool.

Alan.

Shooter
    35mm
    So many folks have put 35mm in Holgas that they have come out with an option from the factory without the red window, and with a mask to fit 35mm. It covers the sprocket holes, so is more like "real" 35mm with winding issues. There are many Holga dedicated sites out there with a lot of really interesting ideas and such, seems like I see something new every time I get into one of them. Flickr, SquareFrog, etc. Holgas are neat, as they take 120 film and you can also use 35mm if you want, for real versatility. I 'spect Hasselblad, Rollei, Leica, et al will be providing 35mm adapters any time soon, at astronomical prices, of course. :-)

I hope this helps you.

Paul

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have put 35mm film through my Holgas and LOVE IT!
    I hav looked at the adapter and have no interest in it.
    All you really need to do is center the film in the camera, tape the leader to the take up spool and tape the red window on the back.
    Here's a good example of how to do it. http://www.holgamods.com/mods/order/...ips1.html#35mm
    Advance the film 34 clicks too.
    You can see my best 35mm film in a Holga on my site, in the Color section on my site.
    Good Luck!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
    It covers the sprocket holes, so is more like "real" 35mm with winding issues.
    I thought it might ! it looked like it did but I couldn't be sure - how could they do that ??!!? Cant they see that a large part of the allure of this is the sprocket holes - well, it is for me...

Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    35mm
    They also sell cameras called LOMO.
    Jeff Polaski
    "A full-time job seriously interferes with photography."

Shooter
    35mm
    Do they also sell adapters to allow using APS photo film? How about 110 type film, and disc? Or 126 film cartridges? Sounds like a good idea for a start-up, make them here in the good old USA, and sell to the world. You heard it here first.

As Ansel Adams used to say, "Take a picture, it will last longer".

I hope this helps you

Paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin