Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,004   Online: 1028

Shooter
    Multi Format

Eightbanners and zone plates?

Hi,

I'm trying to purchase my first pinhole, but am having a hard time deciding between a Zero Image and an 8Banners. (yes, I know I could make one, but I have absolutely no crafty ability).

The only thing holding me back from the Zero 2000 is not being able to switch between pinhole and zone plate easily.

My question for those of you with the 8Banners is whether you can switch easily between pinhole and zone plate with the regular t-shutter. I'm trying to keep the cost down, so that's why I haven't mentioned their turret.

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello,
    I use the 8Banners and would highly recomend it. The exchange of pinholes is easily done with a wrench they provide. The shutter works nicely. The pinholes they provide give beautiful results. They give you extras with the camera and I have used them to make other cameras cheaply but with there pinholes. Feel free to contact me if you need any more pinhole help.
    Arthur, NYC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Arthur!

The 8banners site is down right now, but I don't recall seeing them selling zone plates seperately. Do you know if somewhere I can buy them that will fit their cameras?

Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mark,
    That is a very god question. I do not know where to purchase the zone plates. This is a very good question for the wonderful people at www.f295.org
    If you are unfamiliar with the site it is THE PLACE for pinhole knowledge. Just post this question and someone will know the answer. There are quite a few 8banners owner on this site. You can also purchase the 8banner from on ebay.
    Be well
    Arthur, NYC

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin