Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,723   Posts: 1,670,139   Online: 769

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Holga
    Images

8 Banners vs. Zero image

I'm considering buying a 6x9 or 6x12 camera and want to be able to switch between different pinhole sizes so as to change the degree of sharpness and between pinholes and zone plates. Will either of these makes allow for this?
    Also-What have peoples experiences been in general in terms of use, reliability, quality of build and support of the maker ?

Thanks in advance
    Victor
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've just use 8banners and just can talk about it. It takes no more than 1-2 min to change the pinhole . If you want to to 6X9 I suggest you to take the 6X12 wich make 6X12, 6X9, 66, and645 format.
    8 banners is well build as Zeroimage ( I've seen some ) in term of use I have no problem with the 8 banners. I would ask a freind of mine who have both camera if he can give me a quick comparation.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Zeroimage sells extra pinholes and zone plates for their 4x5 camera. I've always had my e-mails to them answered.

Why not drop them a line about what you want to do. Perhaps they can custom built a turret in the camera body so you can change the aperture of the pinhole you want to use. They are very handy.

I own a number of their products. My most proud is their 35mm. I ordered it the day they announced the camera. When it arrived the serial number was 001. How cool is that!
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    ....I own a number of their products. My most proud is their 35mm. I ordered it the day they announced the camera. When it arrived the serial number was 001. How cool is that!
    That's very cool.

Thank you both for all the great useful info. I'm ordering tomorrow.
    Be Well
    Victor
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hey vic,
    i own a 4x5 zero image camera. after seeing and using it i have always dreamed about then 6x12 with changable formats! only a dream i am sad to say. if you get one please bring it down so i can have a look!

eddie

ps. i got a super cool 6x12 that is being custom built for me. it is almost done. i will send you pics when i get it!
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eddie,

I'm surprised you aren't having a camera built around somethng like a Mamiya RB or RZ back. Then you could go from 35mm up to 6x7 or 70mm sheet film. Yes there are issues to getting it to seal properly, but it would be worth it if you wanted to change formats mid roll. I'm surprised that no one is making this commercially, must be a patent issue or something like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic View Post
    ... I'm ordering tomorrow.
    Be Well
    Victor
    So, Vic, what one are you ordering? I am tempted to get something in 6x9 also. I have a 4"x10" pinhole that I like very much however the ability to make several exposures without breaking out the changing bag after each is appealing. I would also like to be able to change between pinhole and zone plate.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Vic,
    The 4x5 ZeroImage I have, has a turret with three pinholes and three zone plates
    The 6x9 only a pinhole, but I think you might be able to order it with a zone plate, better check before ordering.
    No experience with 8Banner, but I am very pleased with my Zero Image cameras - I've got three of them now.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vic,

I also have the Zero image 4x5 and have been very pleased with it. Plus it is beautifully finished and nice to look at when not shooting. I also got a response right away when I needed help with it. I have several images in my pinhole gallery on photo.net if you're interested. Highly recommended.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've really enjoyed my zero2000, I have one of the original run, but it's way too marked up to be of any "collector" status like they advertise on their site. It's simple, takes decent pictures (as decent as I take them of course), and really light. Ishalla, I'll have some examples from here in Yemen soon:-)
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin