Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,663   Online: 886

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Zero Image 6x9 Accessories

I recently bought a Zero Image 6x9 and having been marveling at its simple beauty and so I am looking at a couple important accessories to match:
    - a tripod
    - a bag
    Leather bag and wooden tripod would match its elegance but they also have to be inexpensive as it would be weird to pay more for them than for the camera itself. The tripod has to be compact and light, but usually tripods in this category are cheap plastic ugly things. The bag could be anything, as long as it doesn't look too much like a woman's purse.
    I am mostly looking for general suggestions, not specific brands as they might not be available around here. I will keep looking myself.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting question... I wish I wouldn't have read this, because now I see how ugly the small plastic tripod beneath my Zero Image 2000 is...

So, I second Ari's request for information .

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I have a Zero Image 6x9 that I use quite a bit. Here are some suggestions.

The camera came well-packed in a strong cardboard box. When not in use, I keep the camera wrapped in a piece of bubble wrap and stored inside the original box. For working in the field, I have a small canvas bag with handles. I put a cardboard box inside of the bag. I put the Zero camera (either in the original box or just wrapped in the bubble wrap), a light meter, extra film, a small level and a tabletop tripod inside this bag/box. This looks pretty innocuous (and not that much like a purse) and keeps all the equipment together and protected.

Here is a link to the Manfrotto tabletop tripod that I use. If you could find something like this, it works great.
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/BG1008/
    To be honest, though, I nearly always carry a full-sized tripod as well.

Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a standard flat quick release plate for my Kirk ball head that is attached to my Zero 2000 6X9 and use it with my normal tripod. Works great. Can't imagine using anything less than a very substantial tripod when doing a 15 minute exposure. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I treat mine just like any of the other cameras - it goes into whichever bag is selected for the trip, and sits on the carbon fibre tripod like any of the others. Just because it is handmade from wood is no reason for it to put on airs!
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I found a nice bag that fits it well, with just a bit extra space at the sides and has a couple pockets for the rangefinder and film. I will stick with the Manfrotto carbon tripod which doesn't look bad with it, just is a bit too heavy for the light box.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How about a Berlebach? http://www.berlebach.de/ Their tripods are IMHO very beautiful and sturdy. Would surely look good underneath a Zero! They come in different types of wood, IIRC.

Antje

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin