Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 815

Shooter
    Multi Format

World Pinhole day Exhange this year??

I see that APUG is approaching the World Pinhole Day Exchange like a herd of thundering turtles this year.:o

The silence is deafing! Last year, there was a lot of participation. May be it won't happen because we will be stuck in the darkroom from World Darkroom Day on 21 April.

Just wondering whether of not to shoot a pinhole photograph or put it off until next year.

Please Advise,
    Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I plan on participating. In both, hopefully. I'm trying to get my camera built.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doing the WPPD thing again this year. Don't know about an exchange. Running three workshops, one last Sunday, another the 20th and again on the 27th.

Stephanie, use your Graphic! http://flickr.com/photos/rwyoung/2237239592/
    Make a lensboard from matteboard and add the pinhole. I ran some while gaffer tape down the side with marks at a few different focal lengths. When you are done and want the lens again, just change lensboards.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Last year, there was a lot of participation.
    But alas, follow-through was a bit sketchy with regard to the print exchange.

I definitely plan to go out and shoot a few. I'm thinking the aging roll of Portra 160 NC that's sitting here might be just cool in my SQ-Hole camera. I tried one shot on Provia 100F successfully last summer, so maybe this will be a color year. Altough having had rain or threats of rain 2 out of the last 3 years, maybe B&W will win out.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    But alas, follow-through was a bit sketchy with regard to the print exchange.

DaveT
    Tactfully understated.

I will shoot some pinhole photos too.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have no method of printing right now, and even need to send the film out for developing (trying DR5 process) so I definitely will not be part of a print exchange. And as with anything that I capture, I'll only share if it is decent (notice the lack of images that I show off).

And Stephanie... Please not the Oatmeal can again! Did you ever get that working?

Shooter
    35mm
    I would be interested in a print exchange,

Ritchie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

photo exch.

Sounds interesting
    Would this be via email or paper?
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin