Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,446   Online: 832

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Favorite pinhole emulsions

Hello,

Just curious what everyone likes to use in their pinholes.

I personally have an affinity for Arista APHS litho.

It's cheap, slow (helps prevent camera shake when opening shutter), and can get fine continuous tone in highly diluted Ilford/Kodak HC or LC-1 developer.

Best of all: it's cheap. 50 pieces 3.9x4.9 for $14 is good.

Also curious how many people use holders and how many just swap out each sheet in darkness.

2F/2F

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Fuji Provia 100F
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I use APH or APHS most of the time. Sometimes I use Fuji Acros, especially in the roll film cameras.
    As for sheet film, yes I use holders.All of my sheet film pinhole cameras are built to accept them.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm

320txp

I have only tried sheet film once, 320 trixpan. i built little cans that hold one sheet, so the entire can goes into a darkbag, no holders.
    Lynda

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess my favorite is that odd leftover that's getting a little old! Using a 120 rollfilm device the last two years, the "favorite" for this latest WPPD was a roll of Portra 160 NC. Last year I used Ilford Delta 100, this year I also shot a roll of Fuji Acros 100. Between those two I would lean toward the Acros since it appears to have a kinder reciprocity failure spec.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Film in a Pinhole Camera

Hmmm... I have been impressed with Acros 100, it seems to me to be a fabulous film in sheets and 120.
    I also use a variety for no particular reason than I have it and the cost is low or it was free, e.g., Orwo, Ilford, Kodak.
    Pan F can give incredible results as well.
    I do not care for C-41 films, so use Velvia/Provia in 120 and 4x5.
    If you have a look at one of my recent blog postings, you will note what I have found to be awesome developers for films.
    I'm beginning to get the impression that even with pinhole photography, there may be certain combinations of chemistry and films that really work well together.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin