Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,696   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Randy. I also use 29R filters behind the pinhole. I use gel filters, which I cut into pieces to fit empty 35mm slide carriers for easy handling. I think I got six filters from one gel. A pop of canned air before loading the film seems sufficient to keep dust off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    I tried a filter behind the pinhole of my Zone Zero 6x6 and every bit of dust and scratches appeared in the print, a little fuzzy but there none the less. This might ad to the aura of the image, depending on what you are after.
    Just my experience with this.

gene
    My experience with dust etc. using pinhole has been so bad for this reason that I decided that it simply isn't worth it. I was supposed to contribute an article about using filters with pinhole. I declined for that reason.

The only way I could think it would work alright would be to use a heavily died gelatin and actually fill the hole with it.

I just thought of another way, though. Using long exposures, you could keep the filter in motion for the duration of the exposure.

Keeping the filter clean as has been suggested, and the idea of putting the filter right up against the hole are very good ideas. In my experiments, it was impossible for me to keep the filter clean, working out in the desert in Eastern Washington with the wind blowing.

If you were to use the filter right up against the pinhole, it might not produce the noted anomalies if the filter were taped inside. Worth trying.
    Last edited by bowzart; 07-26-2008 at 01:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: thought of more ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin