Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,716   Online: 983

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here is a link to one of the cameras on f295 that Joe spoke of.

http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/for.../m-1194805642/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm probably in the wrong place. I make really ugly cameras out of cardboard and tape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    ...My parameters would preferably be something in the standard wide angle category, say 50 to 60mm on a a format size that would give me 5 exposures on a 120 roll; Basically something between 6x12 and 6x17. I do have an Ansco shutter I can use off an old folder ...
    I have older unusable folders I can gut if need be for film tensioning springs and parts for winding and film rollers. Next step I believe will be a drawing.
    I wonder whether your shutter may cut off. This is very common with W/A designs.

I just checked your website. Looks like you have lots of parts. Handy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bowz if you looked at the thread that Marv mentions it looks like a pretty good idea for a curved plane. My idea was kind of the same. Look at the routed base on it which gives you an exact radius for a partition guide. I like the idea put forth by Indigo at F295 instead. I'll be drawing mine and workiing out the details while I watch the Olympics.

Yea I got parts up the ying yang. I also have three Graphic bodies I'm going to play with.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Bowz if you looked at the thread that Marv mentions it looks like a pretty good idea for a curved plane. My idea was kind of the same. Look at the routed base on it which gives you an exact radius for a partition guide. I like the idea put forth by Indigo at F295 instead. I'll be drawing mine and workiing out the details while I watch the Olympics.

Yea I got parts up the ying yang. I also have three Graphic bodies I'm going to play with.
    Yes, I saw it, and it looks good. That's why I made the remark about cardboard and tape! I seldom seem to get to the point where I can commit myself to a design to that extent before getting into the next one. When I do build a finished camera it takes a long time because I am into so many other goofy projects.

An alternative to routing would be to cut flat parts in modelmaker's hardwood ply or even cardboard and build up, rather than removing material.

It does seem to me that the method shown would probably hold the film in the curve adequately. I also like his simple shutter device, which I think will be less likely to interfere with the field of view than one taken from a camera. I've thought about using a simple solenoid or similar battery operated remote device as a shutter. My cameras have been so incredibly wide and strange in their design that the shutter problem has been particularly sticky.

Do you have any Graflex XL parts? I'm dismantling a camera to recover a back for one of my XL bodies. It would be great if I could just find another back frame. Then I could have both.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used PVC pipe and food cans to make 4x5-inch curved film-plane cameras.

Have you considered making your 6x12-inch curved film-plane camera out of a large cylindrical container like a paint can?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin