Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,652   Online: 773

Thread: Pinhole Images

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Pinhole Images

Thought I'd post some pinhole images taken with an f/179 wide-angle camera on Efke 25, processes in D76 1:1 for 5 minutes in tubes with constant agitation. The images were then scanned in Silverfast as B&W negative with some settings tweaked. (Next time, I'll scan them as positives and reverse.) Comments welcome.

http://www.photoshop.com/user/Lobalo...BTAGC&wf=share

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    They are pretty sharp for a pinhole - is it homebrew or commercial? I love the sky in these too, it has a really ethereal quality that you can only really get with a pinhole.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I especially like the one of the statue. The composition seems well balanced and natural. The sky looks just right. Was this medium format, or large format?
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I like the images very much, but the method of switching slides is distracting. It wouldn't take long looking at the site to get a headache.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks to all for the generous replies. To answer the questions posted, these were taken with a store-bought devoted pinhole camera, made of wood with a tripod mount. The photos were taken on a tripod, large format (4x5), on Efke 25.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    these pictures are gorgeous. If I didn't know better I'd say they were taken with some top of the line large format equipment. I may have to try some pinhole photos after seeing this.

but I agree, website is obnoxious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm curious, but all I'm getting is a message that I'm "trying to install Adobe Flash Player on an unsupported system". Sometimes I get a bit tired of all this flash stuf... Like now.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice stuff!

(But I'd rather just click on thumbnails -- I'll be OK as soon as this room stops moving. )

DaveT

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Great shots, but I have to agree - the delivery system is mind numbing. There's no way I could look at more than a very few photos like that. And it takes away from the product anyway.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for al the compliments about the photos and constructive criticisms about the photoshop.com delivery system; I'll post directly to the forum from now on, and maybe even these four photos for anyone else who wants to look.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin