Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,870   Online: 985

Shooter
    Pinhole

League of Upper Midwest Pinholers

Afternoon all. I'm a "new" member here but I have noticed today, as I poking about here, some members of APUG that I know from f295, so I thought I should introduce LUMP to APUG. The League of Upper Midwest Pinholers is an informal group of photographers who love pinholing. We meet together quite often for a shooting day and meet once a year to talk, display cameras and photographs, and just hang about. Two weeks ago the League of Upper Midwest Pinholers had it's 8th year annual meeting and it seems that we have diminishing members.

As one member mentioned "the Upper Midwest is huge, covering several continents and well, the globe. LUMP is an much a pleasant state of mind as it is a pleasant geographical area."

When the next shooting day have been arranged/scheduled, I'll send another posting, but I thought I should start right now.
    Ric Johnson
    Proud member of the League of Upper Midwest Pinholers & f295

"I think, therefore, I photograph."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do you sign up to be a LUMP 'er ? I'd be interested.... and welcome by the way from someone who now owns a Zero 6x9 pinhole camera.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm all for becoming a LUMP. I don't know where you all meet, but, I would be interested in hearing more. I own a Zero 45 and Zero 2000, with a 6x12 in the works.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found this link....http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/for...?m-1222801145/ to sign up for that forum.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Greetings Ric

I'm a northern Marylander pinhole practitioner.

Here's a gallery of my pinhole work: http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Cheers...ington_DC.html
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    How do you sign up to be a LUMP 'er ? I'd be interested.... and welcome by the way from someone who now owns a Zero 6x9 pinhole camera.
    Andrew, how are you liking this camera? Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hello again and thanks for all the replies. How do you sign up to be a LUMP 'er? The only thing you have to do to become a member is by showing up at the next meeting or shooting event. But currently there is nothing on the calendar. Where do we meet? We meet somewhere in the twin cities of Minnesota. A shooting event could happen anywhere and doesn't have to be in MN. I'll make sure to post any upcoming events as soon as they are scheduled.
    Ric Johnson
    Proud member of the League of Upper Midwest Pinholers & f295

"I think, therefore, I photograph."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Evan, so far I like it, but am having some teething troubles with it. First off, when using Fuji ACROS, when I wound it on it seemed to work fine, but when the last shot was complete and I rolled the film onto the take up spool. It sprung loose.. Basically it ruined two rolls of film. So as a workaround, I stuck in the soft side of some velcro under the spool on the opposite side so that there was some tension on the film. It worked great, but maybe too much as the negs now have some fine scratches on them.... So I revisited the velcro and tore it out and added in gaffer tape at the top and bottom to provide some, but not as much tension. Then I added strip of velcro on the inside wall of the camera on the take up side so there is more restriction to stop the film on the take up spool from springing loose. I have a roll of ACROS in there again to try it, but have not ventured out with it again to try it yet. Other than that, the imags were surprisingly sharp for pinhole. It is nice that you can go from 645 all the way up to 6x9 on one camera just by changing the baffles inside.... Pretty cool.

Ric, I am now a member of hte F295 forum.... As for meetings in MN The APUG crew is starting to meet regularly on the 3rd Sunday of every month. We've been doing this for two months now, and had 4 folks show last time and 6 the previous time. The more the merrier! We met at the Dunn Bros Coffee house on Washington/3rd near the old mill district. Not sure where the next one maybe, but keep an eye out on the MN Regional threads.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin