Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,066   Online: 706

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Pinhole

180 degree flat fim camera milestone

An idea of one-hole pinhole camera. Flat film and up to 180 degree of view.

http://pieknedni.blogspot.com/

A milestone for me. I made this ~4 years ago, never made a photo with such designed camera, I've just seen an image on paper.

Or maybe someone invented this some time ago and I did't knew it?

What do you think about it?

Cheers,
    Luke

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Excuse me, this should be posted from this account, not Autodafe's.
    Sharing PC is not always good.
    Sorry,
    Cheers,
    Luke
    Use the Force, Luke!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well now it seems there's 3 of you

The Hypergon with fan uses a similar principle, but needs part of the exposure to be made without the fan.

Ian

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Oh, no!
    But thanks for pointing weakness
    My idea was not to filter-out the light from the middle (wich is much easyier), but changing geometry of pinhole:
    from simple hole laying in 0 deg. angle to film's surface
    to circular (rectangular or whatever) slit *perpendicular (90 deg angle)* to film's surface.

I'll edit the blog entry to make it clearer.

Cheers
    Use the Force, Luke!

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Ok, I've added some attachments, also posted on blog.
    Hope it is clear: close to the pinhole (slit?) only very small ammount of light gets through. Far away from pinhole the ammount of light is much bigger, this helps to get rid of falloff wit wide angle cameras. Getting rid of black spot in the middle should be easy - by placing some tube with additional pinhole in the middle of the circle. But it needs to be researched.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pin3472.jpg   pin3483.jpg  
    Use the Force, Luke!

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Again Im posting under my own thread. Not good. Sorry. Please forgive me. Again.
    I just thought better link would be:
    http://pieknedni.blogspot.com/2008/1...f-concept.html
    There is no obvious way to edit the post to correct above thing.
    Today is a bad and crazy day for connected part of my life.

Cheers,
    Luke
    Use the Force, Luke!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For best sharpness the pinhole in your system should be very small. Perhaps the best way to position a tiny dot centered at a small distance behind a small pinhole is to attach the dot to thin glass (like a microscope slide or cover) and center that beneath the pinhole. When the pinhole is exactly centered over the dot, it could be cemented in place.

Another idea for a flat film extreme wide angle pinhole is on page six of http://inside.mines.edu/~mmyoung/PHCamera.pdf. There will be much falloff near the edges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is possible to etch a pinhole in an old mirror with the backing removed. New mirrors aren't silvered, necessarily, like the old ones were. Old mirrors were made of a thin film of silver deposited on glass. The pinhole can be made with a lith film exposed to a circle, the size calculated by the object to image formulas you can find in the books. Go to Radio Shack in the US or whoever sells printed circuit supplies where you are. Get some photoresist and whatever is used for developing it. Expose using the lith negative (or positive, depending on the resist you are using) to the mirror with UV light, and develop. Often the developer is simply NaOH with positive resists. The hole can be etched out with farmer's reducer. A good source of front surface mirrors (advantage: there is no backing to remove) is salvage from scanners. I think the good ones are silvered; not sure, but if they are aluminized you would need a negative working resist that develops in UGLY chemicals, and etch with NaOH. Then, you can paste a circle to the other side of the glass.

Will this work? I doubt it. It certainly will NOT be 180°. Will it be fun? I suspect so. I believe it is not possible to produce 180° using a single hole. It is sort of like the "perpetual motion machine", IMHO.

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole

I see you get it :)

Guys, thanks you're here
    Yes, you are right. Attaching pinhole is the hardest part. I've done it badly, it ruined my photo once. So I did it again - still it is not good
    I've been using a knife or a needle (from the syringe, with top cutted in perpendicular manner) to make the hole (and the "cap" in the same time).
    Using glass... Well, only glass I can imagine to be used is the thin cover used with microscope preps. And the only method to make pinhole is to do this with pigment-like emulsion on the "cap" side.
    I'm making solarigraphy now (with big bad hole, so I will have both normal pihnole image and "enchanced" one overlapping eachother and both wery blurry).
    Hope to get it out after Christmas and see what it will be there.
    I'll make a report ASAP.
    Cheers, thanks,
    Luke
    Use the Force, Luke!

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    bowzart, I'm getting 150-160 degrees right now. With camera (build within 2 hrs) totally screwed up in every possible part. 180 without distorsion and one hole is speculative maximum. Imaginable, but never to be built. Unless something else will cross my mind.
    Use the Force, Luke!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin