Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,077   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zydeholic,

I especially liked your Cisterdan Abbey photo.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems the wide angle distortion might have enhanced the image. It has a tendency to make verticals converge towards the center.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeholic View Post
    Thanks. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems the wide angle distortion might have enhanced the image. It has a tendency to make verticals converge towards the center.
    That effect is because your film plane is not curved, right?
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I saw a speed test on ektar that rated it at 100 ASA. That's what I use. Overexposing it will probably not hurt too much.

My favorite pinhole cameras are the coffee cans. They're 5x7 size and you stick a piece of photo paper in there and open it up. It gives a lot of distortion, which looks pretty cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want some cheap and cheerful film. B&H and Adorama (and, I think, Freestyle) have Fuji Superia 100 in 120. It's under $3 a roll. It's a good quality film and well worth shooting. I actually use it as my everyday colour negative film in my Bronica. (I occasionally shoot the pro emulsions, but the Superia is awfully good.) If you want to save some money while you experiment, you might want to give it a try. I don't think it's sold natively in the North American market, which is why it's hard to find. It might be Japanese market film.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    That effect is because your film plane is not curved, right?

Correct. The camera is essentially a wooden frame around a roll-film back for a 4x5 camera. Enough wood to install a tripod mount, and have a groove on the front to use the lid of a 4x5 film box as the front. pinhole is taped to a hole in the lid. 1" focal length to a 2"x3" film plane.

Would I divide 25mm by 4 to get the comparable focal length for a 35mm camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ultrafine online has superia and reala at just under $3.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    If you want some cheap and cheerful film. B&H and Adorama (and, I think, Freestyle) have Fuji Superia 100 in 120. It's under $3 a roll. It's a good quality film and well worth shooting. I actually use it as my everyday colour negative film in my Bronica. (I occasionally shoot the pro emulsions, but the Superia is awfully good.) If you want to save some money while you experiment, you might want to give it a try. I don't think it's sold natively in the North American market, which is why it's hard to find. It might be Japanese market film.
    I can get Superia at one place but another place says it's discontinued. It would be a shame to get enamored with one film, only to have it go away so soon. Does Realia give the same results?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Try Fuji Reala. Freestyle has it for $3.49 for a roll of 120. It is the best I've found so far for pinhole work. I gave up on Kodak color films for pinhole when they went to Portra.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeholic View Post
    ... Would I divide 25mm by 4 to get the comparable focal length for a 35mm camera?
    No, field-of-view-wise it would be similar to a 12mm lens on a 35mm camera.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin