Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,552   Online: 825

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Hi,

I have done a ton of shooting with Superia 400 and 800, and only think of them as "grainy" when my exposure was very bad. I get rather nice 8x12s from Superia 800, even if it is overexposed by about a stop.

Underexposure leads to the mushy-looking, washed out grain, and overexposure leads to the sharp, gnarly grain.
    From looking at that photo I posted, which way do you think I went? I was periodically over-exposing, but didn't take notes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeholic View Post
    From looking at that photo I posted, which way do you think I went? I was periodically over-exposing, but didn't take notes.
    It is hard to tell from a small Internet picture. It is especially hard to tell if the pic is from a mini lab scan. If you look at your negs, you will be able to see how each shot is exposed.

FWIW, the pic you posted doesn't look that grainy to me.

Was the film fresh?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Try Ektar 100.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got some. That's probably next, after I finish the next roll of Fuji I have loaded.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I personally would go with Ektachrome but if you want negative film I would use the new Ektar 100 or any of the films out of the Portra Family
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin