Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,789   Online: 1044

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

efke positive paper???

has anyone used this? i'm thinking of getting some to use in a paint quart pinhole i'm about to make. it seems like the perfect thing for pinhole photography, as long as a very low iso is ok (1-6 iso).

so, what are your thoughts and experiences? any examples of developed paper?
    -Jake

Photography by the seat of my pants.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have not used it for pinhole work -- I've shot it in my 4x5 camera, though. I'd recommend about 2 or 6EI for exposure.

A few kind souls here turned me on to a few alternate developers to use to lower the high contrast of this paper -- Kodak Selectol Soft or Zonal Pro warmtone. I think these are promising, as I tried Zonal Pro with a regular neg and paper and it was really really lowered contrast.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    thanks for the tip, i think i'll pick up some paper and zonal pro and see what happens
    -Jake

Shooter
    Pinhole

Thread from F295

Jake:

I've worked with this paper last year, and found it responds best in my hands when applying a healthy preflash exposure, prior to the in-camera exposure. I documented this over on F295's discussion forum. My interest in pursuing this media was mainly for creating in-camera, direct-positive, one-of-a-kind paper images.

The extensive thread on this subject can be found here.

~Joe

PS: My avatar is from a self-portrait "Efke-roid" using this paper

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    thanks joe, i'll check it out.
    -Jake

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin