Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,554   Posts: 1,646,462   Online: 817

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Solargraphy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Solargraphy

Hi,

Last couple of days I have ventured into the exciting world of solargraphy. I used a pinhole camera as described on www.solargraphyGallery.com and hung the cam off my balcony for three days. And this is what I got. Kinda like it.

And this is were it was the last two days:

So the next pic is in the making now. I'll leave it there for at least a week or so.

Regards,

Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Methinks you punched in the wrong URL... Perhaps you meant www.solargraphy.com/ ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great to hear it Peter! I've been gathering cans and containers to set up a few myself. Looking forward to seeing your next shot!
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think the cool ones were those left for 6 months. They were pretty cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Peter,
    I'm guessing that as you haven't mentioned the material used, your (rather fine) solargraph isn't a cyanotype but the blue is just a result of reversing the original paper image ? It has given me the idea of using cyanotype for solargraphs, had anyone tried this ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @crispinuk I just used a bit of agfa brovira paper. Put it into a prepared filmcase left it out for two days. Then I scanned the image and in photoshop reversed the colours. Then I got this image.

@Tiberiustibz I like the 6 months solargraphs also. Just did have the patience with my first one. And I wanted to see how it works. If the second one is better after a week baking in the sun I will prepare 4 film cans and put them all over Maastricht to let them gather light for a couple of months or so. And I will keep doing the week ones as wel of various places.

@Jamesgignac curious to see pics of you to.

@Paul C5x4 you are right it should be the link you said.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Would solargraphy work with RA-4 paper ?

Have an (almost) unlimited supply to use up, so might be worth a go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Paul,

I would have a clue. I just started myself. But I think any black and white paper will do the trick. Just try it out on a sunny day or two sunny days and scan the picture. That'll give you an idea. Haven't heard of ra-4 paper by the way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Um.. colour paper (RA-4 is a generic name for the process). Got a whole stack of the stuff to get through and there is only so much I can use for "normal" printing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    haha see with paper i am still a bit clueless. just give it a try. I think it should work light sensitive is light sensitive....but I could be wrong here ;-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin