Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,458   Online: 759

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa clack pinhole

I bought a second Agfa Clack camera to modify it into a pinhole. That was fairly easy I have to say. In about an hour it was done. I took some pics of the process and I will post it tomorrow. With an explanation. The Agfa was only 3 euro's so if something might have gone wrong it wouldn't be the end of the world. To be continued....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So here is the story how I converted the agfa clack into a pinhole.
    First take of the our ring and the lenscover thingy. The ring is attached with one screw on the bottom. The lenscover thingy you can twist of.

After that take out the lens after unscrewing the screw that holds it together.

Next you unscrew these screws:

The shutterpane will dangle loose and underneath you can add a pinhole with the help of a little glue:

Put it back together et voila you've got yourself a pinhole camera. It is that simple and you don't need, like I did, to take the complete camera apart. It is interesting but not necessary. You might want to make sure of the perfect round circle and that the pinhole is completely centered. However I didn't do that.

Regards,

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave White has a clack that he has cemented a supplimentary lens into to get a macro box camera - it focusses at about 9".

All round a great simple little camera to play with; if something goes wrong it is not like there goes $$$.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got no plans to convert my Clack, but thanks for posting that tutorial. I didn't know it was so easy to take the lens assembly off. Want to clean mine out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't think it was this easy either. I first tried the 2 screws but it didn't came of the first time. I was too gentle turns out. But I discovered that after I unscrewed almost every screw it has. But yeah you can do it in 15 minutes. And after you have taken some pinhole pics you can add the lens again instead of the pinhole.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I certainly don't rule out trying some pinholdery with my Clack, but I paid €20 for mine plus shipping while visiting family in Germany, so I got more invested in shooting it as-is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I have gotten a third one. I am not going to use that one so if you are interested we can work something out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer, Peter, but I actually live across the pond. Much more practical for me to pick up another Clack on my side if I decide I want one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No worries. Let me know if you do decide to rebuild one and post the pics here.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin