Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,561   Online: 1311

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Graflex 6x9 Back for Zero 5x4

Hi, does anybody know if the Graflex Graphic 22 Roll Film 6x9 Back will fit OK on the Zero 5x4?

5x4 is a new adventure for me, lots to learn...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I can't answer your question but the Graphic 22 is a 6x6 back. Make sure you don't have a mixed setup (wrong insert for the back).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    I can't answer your question but the Graphic 22 is a 6x6 back. Make sure you don't have a mixed setup (wrong insert for the back).
    It is an item up for auction which specifies 'Graflex Graphic 22 Roll Film 6x9 Back 120 Film FOR 4x5'. I'm definately not interested if it is 6x6 as I have many options in that format and it seems a bit pointless on a 5x4. I really only wanted a back for expedience since I only have 4 sheet film holders and this would give me a bit more flexibility with the pinhole away from a dark bag. And 6x9 is acceptable size wise.

Looking at it another way, can anybody recommend a 6x9 back for the Zero 4x5 that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would be wary of that seller since he/she doesn't know what they're selling.

If you can afford it (less than $300 used if you search) then look for a Horseman or similar 6x12cm back. This way you can crop to whatever format fits the image... 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 6x12. Also, the quality is better and film flatness is improved especially over the knob type Graphic backs.

Otherwise, look for a "lever type" Graphic 2x3 back that's in really good shape... less than $100 used if you search. These are actually quite good.

If cash is really tight then you should be able to find a Graphic 23 knob back for less than $60. These are the least desirable of the three mentioned in this post but you can't beat the price.

Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks Mike, really appreciate that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I could be wrong, but all of the Graflex film backs I've had required a Graflock/International back on the camera. They couldn't be used with a spring back. Unless I'm mistaken, the Zeroes are equipped with a spring back, rendering the Graflex backs unusable.

There are various roll film holders made to slip under a spring back, Cambo being one.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Charles, I assumed your camera has an International Lock back. I didn't even look up the camera. If this is it: http://www.zeroimage.com/web2003/Pro...ero45_2003.htm then Terrence is absolutely correct and you'll either need to add a Grafloc style back or use one of the slip-in style roll holders.

I have all types for sale. PM if interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Charles, I assumed your camera has an International Lock back. I didn't even look up the camera. If this is it: http://www.zeroimage.com/web2003/Pro...ero45_2003.htm then Terrence is absolutely correct and you'll either need to add a Grafloc style back or use one of the slip-in style roll holders.

I have all types for sale. PM if interested.
    Yep, that is the one. I'm waiting for it to arrive. Will PM you when I get a bit more familiar with it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Given that it's a pinhole camera then the oft proclaimed film flatness issues with the slip-in style roll film holders won't be a problem for you due to the massive depth of focus. Good luck and happy shooting!! :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin