Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,222   Online: 936

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "Lenses? We don' need no stinkin' lenses!"

Images
    Get ready kids. World pinhole day is here!!!! Nige, is that good enough reminder
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nope... missed it! Son's birthday party today so after assisting with making his cake until 1am last night and preparing for guests in the morning combined with my football team playing and being live on TV... I forgot again! Same thing happened last year! It's now dark so I've missed my f256 light!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm back... my neg is washing!

I decided that instead of waiting for the F1 GP to start conversing with my wife, I'd knock out a pinhole of our kitchen. Since I've tried using paper negs (EI4-6) under house lighting before and needed extremely long exposures, I blu-tacked my scanners 35mm neg holder into my 8x10 mattboard pinhole camera and put in a strip of 400iso film about 5" long. Set camera up looking at kitchen and spot meter then guestimate a time for f-stop that I can't really remember. Go and develop... hmm, way underexposed and the 190mm focal length not ideal either. Go and grab the scanners 4x5 neg holder, tack that in, load a sheet of Delta 100, re-guestimate a better exposure based on slower film... 20mins should do... go and do some things, avoiding conversing with the Mrs too much... Process sheet in Paterson tank with XTOL 1:1 rolling tank along on edge (my little 4x5 processing has been done in trays before) Rinse, Fix... yeah... it worked! Have to wait for it to dry now before scanning and uploading!!! Gp still 3/4hr away... better go iron a shirt for work tomorrow

Shooter
    127 Format
    bah! missed the GP - had to be elsewhere, but got home just in time to catch the last of the light.

got about 6 shots done. The first few are nicely exposed (1 minute on a grade 1 paper neg - take one/dev it/load up the next), then the light started to go. Just happy to have something to send in....

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    I'm afraid mine was a total failure. I spent most of my photo time on Sunday trying out my new 210 G Claron, then last minute put the pinhole "lens board" on the 8x10 and fired off one shot. Grossly overexposed. On top of that, I got what I can only guess is a nasty scratch of some sort almost dead center of the sheet. Better luck next year for me!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spent two days at the conference looking at some very interesting light sconces. It ended up my one pin hole shot was done by committee. There was an old friend of ansels, and Edwards that helped me with timing. One guy from Vancouver became the timer, the Harrison pup tent lady shared her booth to get at the light sconce, Michael smith wondered about us, Paula chamlee said interesting, and Clyde Butcher thought it was great. Now to see if it turns out. It won't be just mine but a committee shot.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol! name dropper! it better be good

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol, If it isn't, I can blame the committee.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin