Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,934   Online: 1014

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Zero Image

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary, how is the pinhole mounted into the camera, is it glued in on or is there a locking ring that can screw out to replace pinhole with zone plate? (or new pinhole)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The brass shim is integral to a support from what I can see; certainly, it's not just a circular shim stuck in place. I cannot determine if it is glued on or what, such being the quality of detail. It appears also reinforced against any accidental damage, with double flanges. The Zone Plate from my understanding replaces the pinhole assembly entirely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Maybe someone with experience ordering from Zero Image can help me. I'm interested in ordering the 2000 model but want to go with the zone plate option. However, their order page doesn't seem to have that option listed for any of their cameras, despite what the written descriptions of the cameras indicate. Has anyone had experience ordering a zone plate camera? Do any of their cameras have a pinhole/zone plate combo option? Maybe it's me, but I find their site a bit confusing. Not to mention their Paypal page is in Chinese.
    I asked the exact same question and here is his response:

Dear Mark,
    Thanks for interesting in our camera. You have to chose either pinhole or zone plate for your camera. If you don't mention anything in the order, we will ship a pinhole version.
    If you need a zone plate, send us an email after you place the order or if you order it by CCnow, you have to chose pinhole or zone plate version before your order is completed.

Please feel free to contact me again if you need a further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Zernike Au
    Zero Image Co.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you spend just a few dollars more, you can get the deluxe model and get a remote actuated shutter (you know, like with your normal shutter cable extensions) and in the turret you get three pinhole and three zone plate choices. The choices are one for 25mm (one body section), one for 50mm (two body sections) and one for 75mm (three body sections and beyond). I bought this model. I have not regretted it at all. There is only one thing I wish I had at this point and it's not even an option for the Zero Image, and that is a timed shutter for when using the zone plate on a sunny day. Even with ISO 100, I routinely blow out highlights like as in sky and sea since sea reflects an awful lot particularly so for the zone plate halo effect. The halo will wipe out all your highlights if you don't get your shutter speed fast. And that is very difficult to do correctly when you've got a shutter cable in one hand and the other hand is ready to smash it quickly and release. Or using your thumbs pretending you're playing a game of thumbs. Man, I've lost about 15 sheets of Astia now in the last few weekends of shooting. At this point the only thing I can think of would be to get a bunch of ND filters and work out a way to afix them to the front of the camera. Other than the shutter speed on a bright day shooting zone plate problem, I can't think of anything I am dissatisfied about. This is a simple but great camera. And the precision is just top notch!

Quote Originally Posted by olwick View Post
    I asked the exact same question and here is his response:

Dear Mark,
    Thanks for interesting in our camera. You have to chose either pinhole or zone plate for your camera. If you don't mention anything in the order, we will ship a pinhole version.
    If you need a zone plate, send us an email after you place the order or if you order it by CCnow, you have to chose pinhole or zone plate version before your order is completed.

Please feel free to contact me again if you need a further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Zernike Au
    Zero Image Co.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin