Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,694   Online: 776

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will just choose a mid point wavelength, say 550.
    This is right, because it's exactly what one does when one uses a regular color film with a pinhole camera (and does not notice any sharpness difference in different colors). And moreover, one has no concerns either when using B&W panchromatic film.

Then,, each film plain will be a diffrent distance from the single pinhole, so I will choose the longest for exposure calculation
    This I don't quite understand : isn't your camera designed to have the same optical paths in the three colors ? if it's so with a lens (to get three views of the same size and same focusing) then it's so also with a pinhole ?

Paul

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    isn't your camera designed to have the same optical paths in the three colors ?

Paul[/QUOTE]

Polka,
    Of course, you correct. The diagram attached to my opening post in this thread clearly shows this,as dose the camera itself. So I am clearly working with one distance. If I eliminate consideration of 3 different wavelenghts I need only consider a pinhole of optimum diameter for 12 inches. This is the distance from the lensboard to film planes with bellows totaly contracted. But I will also get some pinhole sizes acurate fore some bellows extention.
    I have decided to get some specialy prepared pinhole for this project. And to not use readily availible laser-drilled ones. I wish to do everything right for this project.
    Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin