Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I thought a bingle only was when a 8 x 10 field camera slipped. Kami the trout a lovely image. I looking at enlarging one of my view cameras, not pinhole, however copying and enlarging the rear standard out to 16 x 20inch. Again well done both the camera and image.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I love the cigar box shutter.

Looks beautiful compared to my in-process 4x5 pinhole downstairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    excellant... photograph, film, exposure time and camera. You should be really happy.
    Ric Johnson
    Proud member of the League of Upper Midwest Pinholers & f295

"I think, therefore, I photograph."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Johnson View Post
    excellant... photograph, film, exposure time and camera. You should be really happy.
    Thanks Ric.

Honestly, I'm surprised it all came together on the first exposure. I thought for sure I'd waste a few sheets of film to fine tune it all. Had I known, I might have spent a little more time pondering this scene's composition . . .

Next time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How can you "waste" 8 x 20 film... nice camera make my 8x10 pinhole small. The shutter is a cool touch.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    How can you "waste" 8 x 20 film... nice camera make my 8x10 pinhole small. The shutter is a cool touch.
    Ummm, pretty easily. I've wasted lots of 8x10 film in my day, usually with light leaks, poor exposures and developing errors.

Although I suppose every mistake is a lesson, meaning it's not really a waste.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    If you want less sharp, just use a less optimum pinhole. I've only made a couple of pinhole cameras, but I noticed that my home-made pinhole (pop can, needle and sandpaper to make pinhole) was much less sharp than a laser cut pinhole with approximately the same pinhole size. You could also use a larger or smaller pinhole.

Thicker material (for the pinhole) will give more vignette, too, as the off-center points will receive much less light. Might get some of those weird reflection and/or diffraction flare effects too.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin