Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,731   Online: 869

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Pinhole in progress, using materials at hand.

The other day I was timing enlargements in the bathroom by the tick of my old Sony transistor alarm clock that I got for Christmas 1986. It's legendary in our family for its godawful MIDI version of Vivaldi's "Spring" that serves as the alarm. Well, I knocked it off the windowsill as I pulled a print out of the developer and it bit the dust.

I'd been intending to build a pinhole camera for 120 out of some sort of household item anyway, and I figured this was a perfect opportunity. It bit the dust in the line of photographic duty after all!

Set up a webpage last night where I'll be tracking the process. So far it's mostly backstory and disassembly pics, with a little historical flavor.

http://www.machinehum.com/images/sony/
    -brian hayden
    http://fed-2.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An intriguing idea. Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is April 25 this year -- that should be a good target date for completion!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just recently built a pinhole camera. It works fine when I actually think about what i'm doing and get the exposure right

My first few decent exposures got me tempted to build a pinhole camera out of an old computer tower in our attic. If your alarm clock pinhole camera gors as planned, that might push me over the edge and make me build my computer pinhole camera (I have a love for odd, insane, and/or quirky feats of engineering )
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin