Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,511   Posts: 1,543,570   Online: 1094

Thread: Holga Pinhole

Shooter
    Multi Format

Holga Pinhole

Hi all,

I bought a Holga Pinhole 120 WPC, it came with one mask [and not sure if it should come with 2 masks], and no cable release, so how can i take a long exposure shots without cable release? Ofcourse the camera is on a tripod definitely no doubt.

What accessories i should look for that Holga Pinhole or it doesn't have any additional accessories?

I feel it is nice wide camera, but which normal pinhole camera to get if i want to get another one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know any answers but I have seen this group on the camera:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/holgawpc/pool/

Looks like a fun camera to try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tareq -- buy a cable release -- you'll be able to use it on other cameras as well for long exposures. You don't need anything else for the Holga.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you very much

Yes, it is a fun camera, that is why i bought it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Tareq -- buy a cable release -- you'll be able to use it on other cameras as well for long exposures. You don't need anything else for the Holga.
    Yes ofcourse i will do, in fact i was going to buy the cable release together with that holga, but from the website that i bought from didn't put a cable release as accessories with this Holga 120WPC, but it is there as accessories for another Holga cameras, so i assumed it will not work with this Holga model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the masks comes installed and one in the package. Put a finger in either film chamber, press ightly and lift it out.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    One of the masks comes installed and one in the package. Put a finger in either film chamber, press ightly and lift it out.
    AHA i see, never thought about that, i will check that out later after i unloading the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Yes ofcourse i will do, in fact i was going to buy the cable release together with that holga, but from the website that i bought from didn't put a cable release as accessories with this Holga 120WPC, but it is there as accessories for another Holga cameras, so i assumed it will not work with this Holga model.
    Take a look at the end of the shutter button. I have two of these cameras and on both of mine there is a threaded fitting in side the shutter button that accepts a cable release. A cable release was not included with the cameras.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Indeed, the camera does not come with a cable release but the shutter button is threaded for one. Just buy your every day cheap standard cable release from any number of vendors and you'll be fine. The release will work on any number of cameras out there and will last as long as you own it.

Have fun with the camera! I have one and several pinhole cameras I've made myself. I'll confess I tend to use the Holga a lot more than home made ones. The wide angle and long negatives are a lot of fun!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you very much all.

I will let you know what i will do with Holga later.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin