Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,847   Online: 1165

Shooter
    Medium Format

6x7 pinhole camera made from koni omega 220 back... my first try

Ok so i've wanted to make a pinhole for a while but I wanted to do it the "right way"... It came to me that i could use a junker back that doesn't work on the camera anymore... plus it's 6x7 so that's pretty convenient... So I measured the length to the film plane and it was about 35mm so I used a calculator and calculated I needed about a .24mm aperture to cover the 6x7 area...

worked out pretty well... I can use the dark slide as the shutter or i can use a piece of tape up front... plus the back has a counter on it and an advance knob to measure precisely to the next frame...

If anybody has used a koni omega film back you know how cool the film advance is...

Check it out: (excuse the lone piece of tape at the bottom i'm glueing a tripod socket as I was taking the pics)

Shot counter:

The test shot negs:

Pinhole scan:

not to bad for my first try?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! Looks as though you've got a very good result. I too have enjoyed adapting "real" cameras to get decent film handling.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin