Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,804   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Easier to go with a back & a box if you want wide. RB backs with the advance lever are convenient.
    The mirror is the limiting factor with any SLR so the 73mm is about it with the Hasselblad
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think what I am going to do instead is take one of my 4x5 film backs and make a box for that. This should allow me to get the focal length I am looking for and the bigger neg to boot. I need a project anyway.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoneiser View Post
    Thanks........The only down fall is that it gives a focal length of 73mm and I really would like something wider than that. I wonder if retro fitting something for my crown graflex would be a better solution. Any thoughts?
    The Crown has many advantages. Image quality can be somewhat better than on smaller film. You'll have a wide range of available focal lengths. Crown lens boards may be cheaper than Hasselblad body caps. You can load photo paper or many film types in the Graphic. Two downsides are more expensive film and no focal lenfth in that model of Graphic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ditto what John said, the RB backs are great for all manner of Diy projects, they are easy to advance, the only thing they're missing is the Hasselblad "V"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah I was thinking about just using the film back and then rigging a body of some sort to maybe get a wider angle. Maybe it might be fun trying to design something that would fit.
    There's at least one of these over on f295. 30mm fl built from wood.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    The Crown has many advantages. Image quality can be somewhat better than on smaller film. You'll have a wide range of available focal lengths. Crown lens boards may be cheaper than Hasselblad body caps. You can load photo paper or many film types in the Graphic. Two downsides are more expensive film and no focal lenfth in that model of Graphic.
    I don't understand why I wouldn't have a focal length....wouldn't the bellows allow me to have a varying degree of focal length along with the option of tilt shift?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you can use the bellows to adjust focal length, tilt shift can be used to change the framing, but it won't have the effect of controlling the plane of focus, as there is none with a pinhole image, that is an aspect of lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't understand why I wouldn't have a focal length....wouldn't the bellows allow me to have a varying degree of focal length along with the option of tilt shift?
    Your effective f stop will change in relation to where you put the pinhole too,
    longer extension=smaller f stop shorter extension=larger stop.
    I don't know for sure but when you use a smaller than optimum pinhole I think diffraction rears it's ugly head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin