Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,513   Online: 1060

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad Pinhole

Hey folks I would like very much to use my Hasselblad 500C/M as a pinhole camera. I came across a cap that I was considering getting and would like some advice. Has anyone tried this particular cap? Does it for any reason hinder the functionality of the camera body or film back? Does it even fit a 500C/M body?
    Here is a link to the model in questions. Also I would be up for any other suggestions as well.

http://www.pinholeresource.com/shop/...id=76&vmcchk=1

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will fit and will work fine. Viewing through it will be pretty tough, the zone plate is better for that. They will tell you what the effective f stop is so you can use that to calculate exposure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks........The only down fall is that it gives a focal length of 73mm and I really would like something wider than that. I wonder if retro fitting something for my crown graflex would be a better solution. Any thoughts?

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I turned my Hasselblad into a pinhole camera using a piece of mat board (cut to fit within the lens mount) with cutout to hold a piece of foil with the pinhole. To prevent light leaks and make the fit tighter, there is some electrical tape wrapped around the edge. It works pretty well and I haven't had any problems with light leaks. Viewing is difficult, but if the scene is very bright you can see a very faint image on the ground glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00210.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I have thought about doing something like this; I have an extra Holga lens and a Mamiya 645... But why? Why should I try to get my Mamiya to take Holga pictures? I have a Holga for that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Holga and pinhole is two different looks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about mounting a pinhole on the film back? A shallow box could be the "camera body", you can decide how wide you want it to be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah I was thinking about just using the film back and then rigging a body of some sort to maybe get a wider angle. Maybe it might be fun trying to design something that would fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't need much, just some cardboard and tape. You can get fancy if you can get a hasselblad mounting plate to lock the magazine onto. I did one with a polaroid 545 back and a 100 sheet film box. Worked great, while the film lasted.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by heespharm View Post
    Holga and pinhole is two different looks
    Yes, I realize that. That wasn't the point. The point was, why take an expensive camera and try to emulate a cheap, readily available camera. I just happen to have a spare Holga lens, so that's what I was going to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin