Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,884   Posts: 1,629,756   Online: 716

Shooter
    Medium Format

Easy DIY 120 holders?

Hi all,

So I'm starting to think about the design of a panoramic pinhole camera, and while 2x5 or 4x10 sheet film or paper would be easy, for ease of development as well as multiple shots, I'd prefer to make a 6x12 roll film one. My one sticking point is holding the film spools in so they rotate - what do people use for that? For the non-takeup spool I could just put a few bits of rod or nail in for the spool to rotate on, but for the takeup spool I need something that engages with the cross-shaped hole so I can turn it with a knob. Is there something I could find at a hardware store easily that does this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some time back I saw an article where the camera builder used Lego's for most of the parts. I'm pretty sure he used them for the winder parts as well.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    buy an as-is RB67 back from KEH for under 10 clams and start from there, far easier and more productive overall.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin