Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,936   Online: 945

Shooter
    Medium Format

Easy DIY 120 holders?

Hi all,

So I'm starting to think about the design of a panoramic pinhole camera, and while 2x5 or 4x10 sheet film or paper would be easy, for ease of development as well as multiple shots, I'd prefer to make a 6x12 roll film one. My one sticking point is holding the film spools in so they rotate - what do people use for that? For the non-takeup spool I could just put a few bits of rod or nail in for the spool to rotate on, but for the takeup spool I need something that engages with the cross-shaped hole so I can turn it with a knob. Is there something I could find at a hardware store easily that does this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some time back I saw an article where the camera builder used Lego's for most of the parts. I'm pretty sure he used them for the winder parts as well.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    buy an as-is RB67 back from KEH for under 10 clams and start from there, far easier and more productive overall.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin