Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 781

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ^^
    Jessica, remember what has been said of pinhole cameras: "out of nothing, comes something, and then some." Don't keep putting it off!

I get cracking with the printing and framing with the majority of images from my 6x9 multiformat (I am smitten though by the 6x6 square format...). And when bushwalking, a pinhole camera will garner more curiosity and amazement at camp then any fancy digimon.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks! I'm going to locate it in my messy office and try it out!
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I love my 4x5 Deluxe! by far, my favorite camera since I shoot with it most often. Those who haven't yet, might want to give a try with some Adox CHS Art 25. Yes, the slow speed film. Yes.. give it a try. You will be amazed. I am not joking. It is very well suited for pinhole work. On my 4x5 in 50mm mode, super bright day in Big Sur, water reflections and high noon sun is about a 5 second exposure. 10 seconds for overcast slightly dimmer. There is very little reciprocity on this film so it starts becoming a faster film in dimmer situations. Compare to the heavy reciprocity of FP4 and HP5 of up to I think it is 5x, Adox CHS Art 25 max is 1.5x on the reciprocity so on sunset photos 2 minutes with the Art 25 is about the same as FP4 and just under the HP5. On top of the reciprocity advantage, you get maximum gray tonal scale, the whole spectrum with great clarity. If you develop with Rodinal at 1:25 you get enough grain to see the hint of it with a grain focusing scope, but you still cannot see any real defined grain. This is enlarged to 11x14 I'm talking. If you develop with the preferred developer Adolux ATM 49, you get absolutely no grain at all. You cannot see an ounce of it anywhere. So, it is a pain in the ass to focus while enlarging but man, the quality of the negs is astounding. The clarity of the gray scale is just unspeakable. I have been enlarging the Art 25 shot in pinhole cameras mainly on Ilford FB Matte. I tried some Kentmere Fineprint the other night and got more clarity than I've ever seen in a pinhole photograph, but I still like the depth and luster or glow of the Ilford FB Matte for pinholes and the Art 25 is a great boon for that if you've got any subtle gradient tones like moving water for instance.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    Hey Bill, very nice photos. I have the Zero Image multi-format thing, and I enjoy playing with it. I mostly use the 6x9 format. Question for you: how did you get your Hindu temple photo so sharp? All of mine so far are "dreamily soft".

I have some WPPD images also; I'm in Ohio. I'll post links later.

TIA,

-- Mark
    Don't think I have a secret. Solid tripod and care taken when opening the shutter (standard model with no cable release.)

Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Proud new owner of a multi format Zero Image camera. Love the fit, feel and finish of the camera. Shot three rools in it and need to work on my exposure compensation concerning reciprocity in longer shots. Will have to print and scan the prints because I'm not too fond of my flat bed HP doing neg scans but I have some ready to post. Far more dynamic range on the film than the scanner can handle.

It draws a great deal of interested looks. Will shoot my forth roll of B&W this week and see if any leaves hold color on the trees so I can run a roll of color in it.

What I really want to try is still lifes of flowers and other beautiful things as the snow starts to fly this winter. Anyone tried any table top work with this kind of camera?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Samples from my first rolls in the Zero Image Multi-Format camera

Here are some of my images scanned from negs with my cheapo HP flatbed.

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pinhole 0003 Self Portrait.jpg   Pinhole 0002.jpg   Pinhole 0005A.jpg   Pinhole 0008.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I like the last photo a lot!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the 612F

Thanks for the reminder to get out and use it more!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hellol,
    I hve a Zero Image 2000. It has functioned as an ornament. Since I have not used it ,perhaps some advice.Is there a preferred film to use? I shoot black and white.

Howard Dvorin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardDvorin View Post
    Hellol,
    I hve a Zero Image 2000. It has functioned as an ornament. Since I have not used it ,perhaps some advice.Is there a preferred film to use? I shoot black and white.

Howard Dvorin
    I've gotten very very good results from Ilford FP4, HP5 and Delta 100. For Kodak films I got very good results from TMax 100, and TXP 320. The TXP is really well suited for pinhole. Kodak doesn't have as much reciprocity as Ilford, but my experience with FP4 and HP5 leave me looking no further for general every day use.

On rare occasions I have really enjoyed using Adox CHS Art 25. The reciprocity is almost nothing. It becomes a "fast" film under pinhole applications. Same thing goes with the faster 50 and 100 ASA versions but then the quality degrades, and grainyness appears (in 100). The Adox CHS Art 25 has an undeterminable grain. You cannot tell there is a grain. If that's your desire, consider this film. You'll get a little darker skies too, which is a real bonus when there's clouds as it creates a very dynamic sky. You don't want to overexpose this film. It will blow out highlights. Somewhere I have information on calculating reciprocity with Adox. It does not work like the other films. If anyone's interested on that, sound the alarm and I'll try to dig up the details.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin