Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,565   Online: 919

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Howard, if you can fun Fuji Acros, try that. If I remember correctly, no reciprocity adjustment for exposures up to 2 minutes!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Here are some of my images scanned from negs with my cheapo HP flatbed.

Lee
    Welcome to pinhole photography with a Zero Image camera. I like them all, but the third one sticks out (to me).

As for working on your reciprocity, consider this first. Due to the low light situation, getting an exposure wrong is harder to do than you may think. There is a lot of latitude in the exposure. Way more than in lensed photography. Next, get your hands on the program "Pinhole Designer" http://www.pinhole.cz/ if you have Windows. You can use that program not only to design a pinhole camera but also to generate a table of exposures on the basis of f22 measurement with your light meter. Oh man, that program is very nifty. Too bad they don't add more films to the database, but most of the films today are near 100% matches for the films that are in that database, so you just have to know what you're looking for, but this is a great little program and I rely on the charts I have made from it. I just measure for f22 always, then get my time, then look on my chart, bingo. It's a go. the lower the light, the more the latitude. late afternoon shots look the same if it's a 10 second or 15 second exposure. That's the kind of latitude there is, when you have the right reciprocity and this program will help you achieve that.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    As for working on your reciprocity, consider this first. Due to the low light situation, getting an exposure wrong is harder to do than you may think. There is a lot of latitude in the exposure. Way more than in lensed photography. Next, get your hands on the program "Pinhole Designer" http://www.pinhole.cz/ if you have Windows. You can use that program not only to design a pinhole camera but also to generate a table of exposures on the basis of f22 measurement with your light meter. Oh man, that program is very nifty. ....
    Great advice. I have a MAC but I also have an old under powered netbook running XP home edition. I hope it will run on that. A table of exposures would help. On the back of my multi format I have an exposure dial from Zero Image and I take a reading with the light meter then transfer to the dial and then look at either f55 for zone plate or f158 for pinhole, but have had to guess (usually double the times) at very long exposures. The self portrait one of me on the bridge was 6 minutes in the forrest with some open sky. (Also a guess, but it was harder to stand almost still for 6 minutes)

Hope to get the camera out this Sunday and shoot some film. Will be in Columbus Ohio on Sunday (I think) so I'll see about shooting some things there. Might take some long exposure shots in the house to burn up the B&W and put a roll of Color in for the weekend. Might have nice fall weather.

Lee

ced

Shooter
    Medium Format

Use for Exposure Calibration

Try one of these methods and let us know the results.
    Can't recall where I bumped into it on the web.
    Attached Files

ced

Shooter
    Medium Format
    daleeman the last image as someone before me mentioned is great, I would love to see the image with some sharpening (my taste of course).
    Hope no offence is taken with the small edit I made
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PH_8.jpg  
    Last edited by ced; 10-20-2011 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ced View Post
    daleeman the last image as someone before me mentioned is great, I would love to see the image with some sharpening (my taste of course).
    Hope no offence is taken with the small edit I made
    No offense taken.
    I really have to tell you that as I spooled the film off the SS reel I almost jumped for joy when I saw this image. Not only was the subject cool and the time of day was just as perfect as possible light wise but the film frame just looked amazing.

Certainly need to free up some time and go into the lab to print this neg. film scanns are not great off my cheapo HP.

I'd like to make a VanDyke Brown print from it too.

Lee

ced

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lee glad you were not offended, It could be great if you could set the scanner on manual and squeeze the remaining shadow info from the neg as it will give you some room to prepare for your printing in the lab. Good luck with the project and would love to see the Van Dyke.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Life was too busy to get out and shoot the pinhole this weekend and a friend in Hospice, that took priority.
    Anyone else get out and shoot?
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got out this weekend and took the Zero Image inside of an empy tennis court. Was wondering how the nets would look close up, there was some wind. Will finish the rolls soon and post scans.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

November = Unofficial Pinhole Month

Here we are in November, known far and wide as the Month of Gratitude. I know we have a World Pinhole Day; maybe we can have an Unofficial Pinhole Month. So I hope to get out and shoot the pinhole camera once a week for the month of November. I may not be fast with publishing my results (The spare bathroom is my wet lab for tank and reels, no enlarger etc.), but nonetheless I?m grateful to have a pinhole camera and will shoot it up this November.
    Anyone up for weekly Pinhole? After all it?s November and we have a lot to be grateful for.
    Lee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin