Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,667   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 782

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WPPD 2010

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    I also posted these in the other thread:
    http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2010/index.php?id=109

And one from 6 years ago that is still there...
    http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/20...ntry=Australia
    Contrast adjustments in "what???", Tony.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ra, ra! I got my image up on the World Pinhole Day 2010 website this morning.
    http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/20...ex.php?id=1463
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got mine up! Here

This year I used my gakken pinhole camera. Pretty fancy for me, I usually just use a popcorn can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aha! Indeed I see some good stuff has happened. As it happens, I was cruising the WPPD gallery earlier and that one of the tulips really snagged my attention, an unusual aspect ratio and a very nice color rendering. Didn't realize it was from an APUGer. I see they are up to 1777 photos already -- could be a big year. As someone with a bonsai interest, I'm attracted to that one from Poisson du Jour also.

It's odd, those galleries have been this way forever, but that "Participants (xxxx)" number is apparently the start of the last block of files loaded and not the last photo; so the number of photos up always exceeds that.

This was my sixth year and only two of the years have been free of rain or serious threat of rain -- seems unusual, but I guess one must shrug the shoulders and say "April showers bring May flowers."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mine is here

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    I was at a small local airport and did some photographs of a glider.

The challenge for me was not only to expose the film at that day, but also to develop it and do a kallitype image.

D-4305

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Really nice, Ruediger, is the web color true and if so how did you tone this??..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have a shutter mounted pinhole which I can mount on any of my cameras but it rained and blew constantly...Evan Clarke

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Really nice, Ruediger, is the web color true and if so how did you tone this??..Evan Clarke
    At least at my monitor the color matches pretty well the color of the print. What I did is that I hair dried instead of air dried it (I wanted everything to happen on WPPD). That got a bit cooler tone. But I do not work at a calibrated monitor, all I did is to scan it with my flatbed scanner and then adjust the contrast of the scan so that it matches the print. I did nothing with the colors.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On World Pinhole Photography Day, it rained all day. So, I was forced to find a subject indoors to photograph. Here it is, nothing really interesting, but what was available. I submitted this image and I am waiting for their review.

The interesting thing about this image, is that it took 9 HOURS to expose! A problem with reciprocity of the Tri-X 320 film I was using.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, 9 hours! Putting the Day in Pinhole day for sure. Really nice, great sense of light. I think my house shakes too much for that to work for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin