Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,462   Online: 764

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WPPD 2010

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Wow, 9 hours! Putting the Day in Pinhole day for sure. Really nice, great sense of light. I think my house shakes too much for that to work for me.
    Thanks! I'm glad that you like it.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four of us pinholers met up in central Minneapolis last Sunday for some food and fun! It was a great time, and I can't wait to process my film.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dedicated my image to the 10th anniversary of WWPD.
    "10 paper stairs leading to X"

Shot on Agfa Litex using a Linhof with a Skink pinhole pancake. Exposure one hour...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    [QUOTE=DWThomas;987300]It's odd, those galleries have been this way forever, but that "Participants (xxxx)" number is apparently the start of the last block of files loaded and not the last photo; so the number of photos up always exceeds that.[QUOTE]
    Here is what's happening. As photos are received, they are automatically given a unique identifier, starting with 1. All submissions are reviewed by the coordinating team before they hit the gallery, and many images are rejected for various reasons, mostly that people try to get around the one-photo-per-person-per-year rule. If one person submits five photos, only the first one makes it into the gallery. "Participants(xxxx)" is the number of accepted entries; the unique identifier for the last photo in the gallery will be much larger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My little ol' contribution can be found at
    http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/20...ex.php?id=1695
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Took the kids out with various camera contraptions, cerealboxes, tea tins etc. Had a hard time trying to explain to the neighbours kid how the Frosties box would take a picture and why you couldn't see it straight away. Of course my own kids are veterans in the subject and gave the boy looks of pity.
    Here you can find some of theirs and mine
    I also posted on WWPD gallery, Sweden

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Tom Miller;988362][QUOTE=DWThomas;987300]It's odd, those galleries have been this way forever, but that "Participants (xxxx)" number is apparently the start of the last block of files loaded and not the last photo; so the number of photos up always exceeds that.
    Here is what's happening. As photos are received, they are automatically given a unique identifier, starting with 1. All submissions are reviewed by the coordinating team before they hit the gallery, and many images are rejected for various reasons, mostly that people try to get around the one-photo-per-person-per-year rule. If one person submits five photos, only the first one makes it into the gallery. "Participants(xxxx)" is the number of accepted entries; the unique identifier for the last photo in the gallery will be much larger.
    Hmm -- thanks for the explanation. Not that I've lost any sleep over this phenomenon, mind you. In the past I have often walked through a block of a hundred photos at a time with the 'next' button and haven't noticed gaps -- but mayhaps they were there and I didn't notice; it is a lot of photos.

Anyway, the behind the scenes work is greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...and mine

http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/20...ex.php?id=1793

Weather here in the Chicago area was terrible, strong winds rolling skies...might be why there are so few local entries this year

Shooter
    Pinhole
    ...and mine, the image captured in the Ojito Wilderness in NW New Mexico on 8x10 photo paper.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since I haven't done that much with pinholes besides the annual day. What does preflashing means? Short explanation is ok...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin