Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,257   Online: 1125

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    William Mokrynski's "Endroit de vie" series is a nice example of the bizarre results such a pinhole camera creates:

http://www.wmokrynski.com/flash_page...e_gallery.html

Marco

What a weird kind of projection.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    What a weird kind of projection.
    I think it's because the film plane, or in this case the film cylinder, wasn't vertical.

Of course, had it been vertical, then the image wouldn't have included the arches, but would instead have been a bunch of pews. Perhaps there were scenes of both, and the pews turned out to be very uninteresting. Hard to know without asking.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format

My own wide angle (anamorphic) pinhole cams

Me too, am a fan of this kind of pinhole cams !

Here, I published a paper about the three cams that I designed and built myself,

and here, (click on the picture) you may access a galerie with a few examples of photos I took with them :

My POLKa cams have an horizontal taking angle of about 300° (4 6x18 views per 120 roll), and on the displayed picture of the rialto bridge in Venise, you can notice on both ends the same windows from a building which was actually behind me.

At the end of the paper, I show also how to watch these weird perspectives so that they look normal.

Paul

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin