Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,692   Online: 754

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perdomo Habano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Perdomo Habano

I have been toying with the idea of making a cigar box pin hole camera. The box I have has a sliding lid and is made with !/2" thick red wood. The inside dimensions are 4 3/4"W x 6 1/16L x 3 3/4D. The lid has dado cuts that slide into matching dado's in the top of the box with a half inch overlap on the ends and sides. It is a fairly hefty box with finger joints and as I said, I had played with the idea of a simple pin hole but I can never do anything the simple way, I always find someway to complicate things. What are your ideas on a 4x5 GG with the same in a cut film holder for this project? The way I see it, the GG can simply slide into the dado for the top for viewing and be replaced by the film holder with the film at the same distance from the "lens/hole. Remember, the film will be 3 3/4" away from the lens/hole. Ok, ahy ideas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few pictures:

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drill a small hole in the middle of the emblem on the lid, add a brass disk for a shutter, add paper trimmed to the size of the interior, and voile--pinholecamera.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's what I had originally intended but the more I got to thinking about it and the more I searched the web I found pinhole cameras that had the sliding film holders that would make it a bit more versatile. If I cut a hole in the bottom I could make a fitting for either a lens or a pin hole plate and shutter. The top would be the GG and the film holder. What I would like to know is, what would the film plane be or am I asking the wrong question? I told you that I can complicate air. I had found this one...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/110mm-PINHOLE-5-...item27b3531c44

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The film plane is wherever you want to put the film.

What would worry me is the thickness of the wood.
    The pinhole would be a pin-tube, severely restricting the angle of view.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking of cutting a large hole in the bottom and then cut a recess around it to mount either a lens or a pin hole plate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It would be nice if you could preserve the look (of the outside), and mill the inside where the pin hole is going to be down to a usable thickness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The bottom has no real intrinsic quality to it. If I made the film plate holder to fit the top, when not in use I could just put the top back in place and, walla, back to normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acording to the dimensions you supplied, should be able to make a 4x5 out of it, using a 4x5 cut film holder. Its all up to your imagination. Both of these use 4x5 film holders, the bellows camera has a GG and I can put lenses on it, the fixed length is strictly pinhole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pinholes.jpg  
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like those. Is that a Polaroid viewfinder/flash on the bellows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin