Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,748   Online: 968

Shooter
    35mm

Constructing a pinhole camera with a linhof roll film back?

So the other day I was given a linhof super rollex back by the university I attend. Since i have no linhof to use with it I am thinking about making a pinhole camera to attach to it. I have however little experience is this matter and wonder if anyone have made similar cameras based on a large format roll film back.

Cheers
    Steve
    steveting.wordpress.com!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me guess, that must be the University of Otago at Dunedin. Not just a pretty face to a roving camera.

I reckon there is somebody over here in Melbourne who can help. Contact SMBooth here on APUG; he's built several pinholes (including an anamorphic), and — sacré bleu! — even converted a Polaroid instant camera to a full-fledged 5x4 camera. Ever a skilled tinkerer, I reckon he'd have an idea. At the moment he's on a weekend photography trip away.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good news! Linhof rollfilm backs for 4x5" attach to any camera that takes a Graflok/International style back (meaning the groundglass panel is easily removable, and there are slides that hold the rollfilm back in place), so it doesn't require a Linhof (unless it's a 2x3" Linhof back, which only works on Linhof 2x3" cameras, or a Linhof Alpa back, which it probably isn't, or you would have an Alpa to go with it). Just put it on a Graphic or Wista or just about any 4x5" camera of recent vintage with a Graflok back, add a pinhole to the lensboard, and you're good to shoot.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All it needs is a box to hold the pinhole, some plywood should fix you up.
    Foamcore would work if it's opaque.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I saw a SX-70 camera turned into a pinhole camera (how fun to see a pinhole image develop as you hold it -- plus one gets that wonderful sound as the camera disgorges the print!)

So anything is possible! It would be nice to leave the back intact no matter how you approach it! Have fun!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin