Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,634   Online: 905

Thread: The ModaPin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The ModaPin

Hi

I just want to present my new pinhole camera, The ModaPin!
    It's an old Kodak Brownie with the lens and the shutter removed.
    I have covered all holes (except the pinhole ) with duct tape and made a pinhole in tin foil with a syringe (i have 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 and 1.2 mm. pinholes made already).
    I think a lot of others has done this too with old box cams, so I don't think I'm original

I have shot a few rolls of FP4 and I'm fine tuning the exposure.
    A picture will be on this thread soon.

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Morten. Good idea. Let me know the results of your experiment with FP4
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here are three pics from the ModaPin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails modapin-baghave.jpg   modapin-selfportrait.jpg   modapin-fortov2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too have modified the old box cameras like the Kodak #2. Love the 120-6x9 format for great pin-panos. I leave the shutters in place, as I find it much easer to deal with than tape, and the box cameras offer built-in view finders.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm forever robbing shutters out of old Polaroid Oscilloscope cameras. That leaves the 3.25 X 4.25 Polaroid packfilm holder and usually the remains of the camera sticking 3 1/2 inches in front. All you have to do is make a black matboard cover and a place to tape a foil pinhole on. 3X4 is a great pinhole size and it's instant (as instant as possible with a pin hole) gratification with the polaroid 108 or 667 films. If I use 665 I have a positive to look at and a negative that can go in the enlarger. Here's a couple of pics done that way. I enlarged the Tonopah Nev. Coke bottle bottom to 10X12 on 11X14 paper.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin