Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,507   Online: 1070

Shooter
    35mm

"virtual pinhole" with litho film?"

Has anyone ever tried making a "virtual pinhole" by making a clear spot in litho film? What technique did you use for creating the clear spot?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Would not the black of the lith still let some light in on a long, long exposure and add a bit of fogging? Also, will the clear spot soften the light by acting like a filter made of film? However, it's an interesting idea and could provide an uniformity to pinhole photography and lith film has an incredible resolution. Meanwhile I'll stick to Captain Beefheart singing about his Clear Spot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqYfmfEqi20

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never tried it. Sounds like an interesting experiment.

I suspect you'll get a lot of diffraction from the fact that the film is much thicker than the foil most pinholes are made with.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tried it with a zone plate. Horrible results as the film just isn't optically clear enough. I have some glass plates for lantern slides I mean to try out.

I think the film I used, Arista premium lith, wasn't suitable. Kodak 'line film' would probably have been a better choice.

I think commercial zone plates are made on some sort of lith film - that may be the reason for their overly diffuse imaging.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin