Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,384   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 135 Camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Chris! Now, I just have to try it out, and see if it works.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The camera is great! Love to see some of the pictures.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    The camera is great! Love to see some of the pictures.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff!

I'm a bit busy now, so I don't know when I will be able to test it out. But, when I do, I will post some images.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally put a roll of film through this camera. This was a test, since I had no idea what a good exposure would be. Seems to have a wide latitude though. I used a cheap 200 ISO C-41 type film.

It appears that there is some vignetting. I will have to change the size of the hole in the lens board, and also the shutter. The 24x72mm size needs more breathing room!

ced

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello jon.oman Nice camera & results too. Some Q's.
    How do you track how far to wind the film for each frame.
    What focal length and size of pinhole?

The Sola company makes levels of all kinds, check on your browser finder.

The new posts of what looks like a swamp, nice(where on earth are you located). It looks like the vignette comes from the black hole in the front or maybe even/either the black hole on the inside, the metal lid on the front is okay I believe.
    Last edited by ced; 10-11-2011 at 08:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to go off topic. Per, your work displayed on your web site is fantastic. Even given the limitations of scanning and posting on the web, it was quick to recognize you used a LF camera. Anyone arguing digital and small negatives are sufficient only need to vist your site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ced View Post
    Hello jon.oman Nice camera & results too. Some Q's.
    How do you track how far to wind the film for each frame.
    What focal length and size of pinhole?

The Sola company makes levels of all kinds, check on your browser finder.

The new posts of what looks like a swamp, nice(where on earth are you located). It looks like the vignette comes from the black hole in the front or maybe even/either the black hole on the inside, the metal lid on the front is okay I believe.
    Thanks!

I wind the film based on the number of turns. I found that two complete turns works well. Some people use a clicker that rides in the sprocket holes. Then they count the number of clicks. I found my way to work as well.

The focal length is about 30mm. The pinhole is 200 microns.

I live near Charleston, South Carolina. These images were taken at Magnolia Gardens, which is about ten miles from my home.

It turned out that the hole in the shutter, and the camera body was too small. That is the reason for the vignetting. I changed this by drilling the hole in the body larger, and then using a different shutter:

Here is an image after the fix:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Sorry to go off topic. Per, your work displayed on your web site is fantastic. Even given the limitations of scanning and posting on the web, it was quick to recognize you used a LF camera. Anyone arguing digital and small negatives are sufficient only need to vist your site.
    Thanks! You just made my day!

ced

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks jon for the info, sure the improvement on the vignetting is nice and clean.
    Why can't the spirit level go on the top giving you 4 movement control?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ced View Post
    Thanks jon for the info, sure the improvement on the vignetting is nice and clean.
    Why can't the spirit level go on the top giving you 4 movement control?
    The spirit level works fine on this camera. It works in both the horizontal and vertical position. Also, it was very inexpensive. I got it from Home Depot.

Another reason why it is not on the top of the camera, is because of the wood 'sight' lines that are there for framing the image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin