Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,072   Online: 698

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Virtual Pinhole on glass

Do virtual pinhole on serigraphy printed glass works better than flexible film one ?
    Do thick float glass or thinner optical polymer works better ?
    I want to print hundreds of pinholes on glass or plastic plate.

Thank you ,

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 12-28-2010 at 10:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Glass is a more durable material for printing pinholes, although litho film is more convenient. Serigraphy lacks the precision for ideal pinholes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What are the ways for printing on optical grade plastic plate or glass plate ?

Which side must be faced to film , printed side or plastic glass side ?

I want the strongest solution but not a film because lens diameter will be 12 inches or more and it must look strong.

I looked frame destination site and there are many acrylic frame glasses. I think I must learn to how to print on them.

Umut

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you are printing pinholes themselves, not photographs taken with pinhole cameras, having the printed side towards the film provides better protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is certainly possible to print am opaque ink onto glass or polyester with pinholes in the 0.2mm diameter region. At work we print conductive silver tracking onto flexible film with 0.25mm track and gap with no problem at all.

However, screen printing's strong point is the production of many identical parts. Making just one (or a few) is not worth the effort. And you will not get many prints out of such a screen before the little dots of emulsion start to fall off of the screen.

In any case, a piece of process film all black but with the holes where you want them would probably be the better choice for two reasons:

1. You should be able to get smaller holes on the film than you will be able to print.

2. You have to create this positive on film to transfer it to the screen emulsion anyway so just use the film.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Steve and all ,

First of all , Happy New Year ! In Istanbul , its 2011 now.

I worked at Prepress sector and Printing sector and well aware of what Laser Drum Printers could do.
    All you have to the laser print with text mode so the pinholes would have continious edges.

Its very easy to breed this film with enlarger - 70 x 110 cms -as much as you want with daylight.

I worked at worlds largest prepress house in Istanbul at 1994 to 1998 and it was possible to print 140 tram.
    Well , An good newspaper had 46 tram , an international magazine had 70 tram , National Geographic 83 and I was printing my Leica Slides after scanning with Crossfield 656 and print with 140 tram with rotogravure screening and print with Fuji Printing Press Proof System.

So the film side is easy.

We had couple of 40 years prepress masters and they were coming from color seperation with enlarger and retouch the film with cyanide and organic cotton ball.

They were repeadtly saying the most excellent print and highest resolution comes from the serigraphy print and They were saying old serigraphy inks are strongest inks againts the environment.

I even TOUCHED an Andy Warhol Marilyn Monroe Serigraphy Print.

I think I must find an good prepress house and an old serigraphy master.

I want to get sharpest result from my 1000 mm , random pin sieve.

Some generous APUGers sent me the calculation articles and I am not still sure about the diameter of first element.

What all think about this , I want to build an 1000 mm for Leica S2.

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin