Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,691   Online: 755

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Finally built a medium format pinhole cam - for an RB67 back.

I've been holding onto this old 220 RB67 back for a long time planning to "one day" build a pinhole camera around it. I've got a freezer full of 220 Velvia from 1995 that I scored for free, and I figure it's not getting any fresher, so it was time to get this thing done. So today I finally built my second pinhole camera! (third if you count a linhof-style lens board with a pinhole on it...)

After a trip to the art store for some black foam core I figured I would give it a go. I think I'd like to rebuild this in wood, so I can mount a proper tripod mount, and maybe come up with a more elegant way to attach the back (metal clips to hold onto the retaining grooves, for example, though I've really got no idea how to work with metal).

Anyway the build and the near-final foamboard prototype (still needs some black paint and of course a mounted pinhole plate and shutter - will probably just use a sliding foamboard type).

Cutting and stuff.

Gluing layers:

More layers:

More:

Attachment (cumbersome and kind of questionable with wood glued to foam core):

Back view:

I'll shoot a test roll with this and decide if I like the focal length (25mm) and then go ahead and redo it in wood, I think.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good to me!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent, you have plenty of time to work out the kinks for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day on April 24th!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've never participated before (in world pinhole day). I think I will have to try to remember to do it this year.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Awesome I made one with a Koni omega 6x7 back.... It's like a 21mm in a 35mm camera... Also have a cold shoe to mount my 21mm view finder on it...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum62/7...first-try.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dude! That is sweet. I need to find another camera and gut that one too. Did it with an old folder. Awesome!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made a pinhole out of an old 6x9 Agfa box camera. You can get one for a fiver and they are not like rare so no bad feelings when smashing the lens out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    heespharm-I always thought the KO backs would make a great pinhole camera, nice job!

I made a wide angle pinhole camera out of an old folding camera. I removed the leaky bellows and mounted the pinhole in the closed bed door. It works really well, but won't quite cover the 6x9 frame.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin