Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,813   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    cool! thanks for that info! I think I copy/pasted this from a site the other day but now I don't remember where, it was the sewing needles conversion:
    4, .90mm
    5, .80mm
    6, .73mm
    7, .66mm
    8, .58mm
    9, .51mm
    10, .46mm
    11, .40mm
    12, .35mm
    13, .33mm
    14, .30mm
    16, .25mm
    does it seem right?
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    by the way, I did buy the 120 ansco color clipper that has a non-working shutter. film winders all work.
    cool green color ...LOL!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Jeff Searust;1136581]I turned a beat up Isolette into a pinhole --- The entire front of the camera-- bellows, lens, door, everything ends up being removed-- the front of the camera is covered with foamcore and a pinhole--- the size of the hole was f128, and covers 6x6 fine. I have a filter ring epoxyed to foamcore to put a lenscap on the outside and a brass pinhole in the center

I did the same thing with a Kodak Cartridge Premo 6x9 folder, except I used the bed closed as my front surface to mount the pinhole on. It's a nice wide angle, but doesn't quite cover the whole 6x9 frame. I like the look, so I'm not going to worry about changing it. This was taken about 4' from the snowshoes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/5409528030/
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's cool Reid! I may hit a flea market here in the next town today to see what they have laying around too....heeheheeheee!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaDittmer View Post
    cool! thanks for that info! I think I copy/pasted this from a site the other day but now I don't remember where, it was the sewing needles conversion:
    4, .90mm
    5, .80mm
    6, .73mm
    7, .66mm
    8, .58mm
    9, .51mm
    10, .46mm
    11, .40mm
    12, .35mm
    13, .33mm
    14, .30mm
    16, .25mm
    does it seem right?
    Those seem right. I made some with oatmeal canisters and used #10 needles. I also have a magnifying loupe that has measurements inside the view so I could aim for .46mm. I used one of the online calculators to figure out what would work well (it's about 5" diameter in an oatmeal can).
    To find the right needle, I went to Joann's with the list above and found a variety pack of needles that included a couple that I thought were possible.
    That camera looks like it'd be a nice pinhole.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an old Agfa Box camera that I'd like to convert to a pinhole. Is that a good idea or should I look elsewhere for a better alternative?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin