Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,634   Online: 659

Shooter
    Pinhole

Traveling with pinholes

I'll be traveling to Colorado early October and hope to take some of my Pintoid (Altoid tin) cameras. Keeping hieghtened airpot security in mind, should I pre-load all my cameras, load them once I get to my destination, load some but leave a couple so that can be opened by security, or not worry about it?
    Robert Alderink

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the Altoid tins have been altered in any way, I'd wait until you arrived at your destination to load.
    My $0.02 worth of advise.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Images
    I do no think a pinhole camera will be exchanged for a bomb especially after an rx scan, yet we are living in very odd times and everything is possible (the situation in USA possibly being worse than here in EU). So why risk to be arrested or worse to have your tin camera hand inspected and ruined? Carry a changing bag with you to load and unload the film (or paper) before and after shooting.

Ciao,
    Marcello

Images
    I would not preload. Since you will have film and may ask for a hand expectation everything might be opened. I'ld say load when you get to where you are going. It is not that much of a problem.

How did you make a camera out of an altoid tin? I'm very curious.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My vote is for loading at your destination... Anything to minimize the possible hassles.

Good luck!

joe

PJC

Load your film or paper once you arrive in Colorado. One word of advice is don't plan on a hand inspection when departing Colorado. I live here and have never been granted that courtesy when flying out of Denver's airport (DIA) Regardless of the law, how courteous you are, or phase of the moon, the TSA folks at DIA don't care. Have a great time!

Regards, Pete

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin