Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,333   Online: 710

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Why not make a GIANT Pinhole camera!

Heads up. Film for it is here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3839811534

I have one half completed. Will I ever get it done??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    isn't there a guy with a VW love bus that actually is a travelling pinhole?
    i beleive that is the biggest portable pinhole camera..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a French guy who was using 60 foot shipping containers as a pin hole camera, had to use a truck to move it around.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My biggest pinhole was a 55 gallon fiber board drum that we loaded with outdated Cibachrome. Crappy color, ungodly exposure times, difficult to load, even more difficult to haul to a location. Ahhh yes, everything we love about pinhole.....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I saw a museum somwhere in california i think that turned a whole room into a pinhole camera obscura, I think it was for the "pinhole day" of something...

PJ
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanhove
    turned a whole room into a pinhole camera obscura,
    J

I thought that was how the original "camera obscura" and pinhole concept came about all those years ago.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jan, I believe you're referring to the University of California Museum of Photography (UCMP) in Riverside, where I live. Excellent place if anyone's in the area. Sevral AA prints (by him-"moonrise incl.) and some other great permanent collection pieces. New shows every couple months.
    Here's the link: http://www.cmp.ucr.edu/
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    I thought that was how the original "camera obscura" and pinhole concept came about all those years ago.
    It is, originally for paintings however. There is a great book called "Vermeer's camera" by Philip Steadman It has a great history of and use for the original obscura rooms. (Both portable and permanent)
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pinehole workers

Victoria Cooper & Doug Spowart also have done extensive Camera Obscura work. I spoke to them in Wellington last year, and they are completely dedicated to the medium.
    They have also turned a whole room into a pinhole camera obscura for a project of theirs .One of their most notable stories is of converting a van into a large pinhole camera and then touring their home country Australia with it.

They have some impressive results .... [font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]Gallerie[/color][/size][/font]

Doug S and Victoria C home page.... [color=black][font=Verdana][color=#800080]Homepage[/color][/font][/color]

Victoria's best known (& a favourite of mine) colour pinhole image ...
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]Summer Angophora[/color][/size][/font]
    Last edited by John McCallum; 01-27-2005 at 04:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Has anyone built a LF pinhole? I have some film that is 10.5in x 120ft. I am thinking of building a 10.5x18 inch camera. My question is should I make it so the film plane at the same distance from the pinhole on a circle or flat like it would be in a normal camera. When I 've used shorter length, ~300mm, pinhole on my 8x10 the edges seem to get distorted. Was this a function of a badly made pinhole?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin