Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,296   Online: 1200

Shooter
    35mm RF

Colour transparency film

Hello All

I have just started with a Zero 2000 and have liked the results using Ilford Pan F Plus for my black and white work. I scan my negs so I was wondering which colour transparency films you have given a go on a Zero 2000 and how you have got on.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi there and welcome to APUG!

A Zero 2000 is a pinhole, correct? I've done some, but not much, pinhole photography with a 6x9 I built and would have to say it depends on what you are looking for. I've always used Velvia 50 because I really like the intense saturation you get on a nice sunny day--bright reds, deep blues, vibrants greens, etc. But if you like more subdued colors, then consider Provia (which scans quite easily) or Kodak E100G.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would recommend Provia 400X. Bright colours, good latitute, 400iso. Can be pushed without problems to ISO 800 and beyond.
    Velvia has more punch, but is also more contrasty.

Shooter
    35mm
    Provia 100.. handles reciprocity pretty well as would be the need here.. I use it regularly in similar applications

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, Provia does handle reciprocity quite well, thanks for mentioning that.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you for your help, much appreciated

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Velvia is 50 ASA if I am not wrong and can be a problem handheld at winter. But it is one excellent film. Try few rolls of mentioned films and you will find your match.
    What is the format of your camera ? But I think with overdose of aberrations , Kodak have more forgiving colors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mustafa - the Zero 2000 is a 6x6 pinhole camera; don't think photos will be handheld - althouhg that could be interesting!
    I never thought of using a slow film for pinhole, but now I want to give it a try!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use almost exclusively slow film for pinhole because I often get more motion in my shots. What I mean by that is essentially the reasoning behind people using ND filters during daytime shots. I like Velvia because unlike when shooting something like my Mamiya, the reciprocity actually gains you a little latitude. If I'm off by a second or two, I haven't noticed thus far. With the vivid colors, the pinhole effects really stand out and make for an interesting image.

my $0.02
    K.S. Klain

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've found Velvia 100 (not 100F) best for pinhole. Nice and contrasty, and better reciprocity characteristics than the usual Velvia 50.

Also Kodak E100GX, which was the best slide film for anything ever.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin