Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 809

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    ....................Pinholes the size of yours can be drilled with a no. 74 or 75 drill, perhaps obtainable at a hobby or model shop. ..........
    I assume that the whole world is in inches.

A # 74 drill is .0225" [.571mm] in dia
    A # 75 drill is .0210" [.5334mm] in dia

Here is a link to a drill chart.

http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-drillsize.htm

I hope that at least the drill chart helps.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Great advice, all.

I'll add that there's a tradeoff between wanting an ultra-high focal ratio for intended sharpness and then losing that sharpness with the extra-long exposure times and possible camera movement blurring the image. Focal ratios around f/150-250 are often satisfying, of course depending on format size and focal length.

Larger sized formats will also give you more information and perceived sharpness, since the negatives can usually be contact printed rather than enlarged, and there's more information present if scanning.

Also, tonal range is at least as important to me as sharpness. Good tones, good composition and interesting subject matter are all more important to me than mere sharpness. In the end, a pinhole camera is still a camera, and thus all the essential elements of a good photograph are still required.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed, great advices.
    My biggest mistake was not asking you guys before I start sawing timber.
    Well, now I am back to drawing board so stay tuned for chapter 2 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin