Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moki View Post
    @pinhole_dreamer: Go to http://www.mrpinhole.com/calcpinh.php and click on "pinhole exposure guide"... of course, you still need to calculate recoprocity for your particular film. If you get a good exposure with guesstimating, I see no reason for complicated calculations, though. I usually just note the Sunny 16 exposure time from the pinhole calculator and guess from there: A little cloudy is 1 stop more, shadow is 2 stops, dark clouds is 3 stops, and so on. When the exposure is several seconds to minutes, a second more or less doesn't really matter anyway.
    I've never figured out the "Sunny 16" rule...and I'm horrible at math. I just guesstimate. If it's really sunny, 1-2 seconds with the one one thousand method...and if it's kinda cloudy, 3-4 seconds. Really cloudy? 5-8 seconds. If it's SERIOUSLY cloudy, I don't bother.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post

My general sense is with pinhole it's better to err on the side of over exposure -- easier to have to draw out the print making exposure than have no shadow detail on the negative.

DaveT
    I still guesstimate. I'm more of a "just give me a camera and I'll shoot and see what I get." Sometimes, it's a total failure. Sometimes, I get a roll of happy accidents. Sometimes, it's a 50/50 coin toss with what I get. I'm mostly happy with my results.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin