Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,948   Online: 1124

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today is Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day. Here are the images I took today that are candidates for submission. Taken with a homemade 135, 24x72mm pano camera. What do you think?

All of these are from the 'Old Downtown' of Summerville, South Carolina.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My shots - a couple on the roll were a bit too dense, but otherwise quite a good hit rate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A BBC article on Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/13141337
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took a few portraits after Easter Sunday lunch. Deardorff 8x10 with 0.4mm pinhole lensboard at around 130mm focal length. Ilford HP5 film approx. 20 seconds exposure. Neg scan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fran Kent.jpg  
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dang it...had some sun on Sunday so I went on the back deck and took my photo, but I blew it! It was World Wide Pinhole Photography Day, not World Wide Pineapple Photography Day! My bad...

A light Type 55 print, stepped on accidently...(lens used)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pineapple.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "...Pinapple Day"!?
    Listen up, I can loan you my glasses if you're really hard up?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yay! I finally got the stuff developed and scanned (I have some doubts if I'll ever print them). I used the Arista.EDU ULTRA 100 (Fomapan?) film and Arista EDU RC Grade #2 paper, pre-flashed. This is the widest angle of view I've ever tried, and that makes life even more complicated exposure-wise due to light fall-off toward the edges. So, here's what I submitted to WPPD (one of the best shots on film):

And here is one of the better shots on paper:

The whole day here

The camera here

I'm pleased with the camera's performance, but not sure how often I'll torment myself with paper negatives!

DaveT

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Dave, I like that paper negative shot. I think you should keep tormenting yourself with more paper negative images!

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    Dave, I like that paper negative shot. I think you should keep tormenting yourself with more paper negative images!

~Joe
    Thanks Joe!

Yeah, maybe another iteration one of these days will help. Other than the preliminary testing, most of my pinhole work has been on WPPDs over the years, but I ought to try a little more often.

The graded paper was the "semi-matte" which was probably a mistake too, shoulda bought glossy. (I think I see some scan artifacts that may be texture related.) Otherwise, I'm thinking this year's may be my best actual pinhole so far, that part was encouraging. Dimple and sand with wet #600 in 1 mil brass, and I now have a lifetime supply of "BlackenIt" from my friendly model RR shop.

I recently saw some black 1/2 inch foam core, maybe I should go for a foam 8x10 next year ...

DaveT
    Last edited by DWThomas; 04-28-2011 at 02:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't do pinhole photography but the May issue of National Geographic has an article "The Magic of Camera Obscura" that might be of interest to those of you who do. It is about photographer Abelardo Morell.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin