Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,750   Online: 959

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice work, Anthony. I too am impressed by the sharpness of the car pic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    I made a 4x5 pinhole camera this spring for WPPD. I already owned some 4x5 filmholders and shim stock, so my bigger expenses were a (lifetime supply of) brass blackening liquid and two T-nuts for horizontal and vertical tripod mounting. (The store was out of zinc plated nuts so I bought stainless!) A basement and garage/workshop full of miscellaneous miscellany supplied scraps of birch plywood and other material. I think it was some careful attention (and unusually good luck) with making the actual pinhole, but I believe this year's effort gave the best results I have ever gotten with a pinhole camera.

Anyway, it's fun stuff.
    Hah! So that's you! I actually bookmarked your site from a search for DIY 4x5 Pinhole. I do not have any film holders, so that's going to have to be purchased. I was considering making film holders myself, but I'd like to be able to use the same holders with another camera later so I think I'm going to just buy some holders and build the camera around that. For the tripod mount on the PepsiCam I actually took a hacksaw to a 120 film spool (since they're reproducing in the corner at an alarming rate) and cut the end off. I tapped the hole in the bottom of the cut off spool end, and then shoved it through another piece of foam core. More duct tape, and there you have it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is it just me, or is it kinda sad that these homemade pinhole cameras produce far better photos than the overpriced trashcams on eBay?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well the good results from my $7 investment certainly don't make me sad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be quite happy too. A pinhole has been on my to-do list for a few weeks, and if I can get that sort of results, I'll be tickled. A friend of mine has done a few, and has some images that could easily have come from a "proper" lensed camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice stuff.

Were the exposures guestimates, or did you cheat and use a meter

BTW, the doors off 3.5" floppies (remember those) make great pinhole stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin