Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,419   Online: 1019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

From the PepsiCam

Shot some expired Velvia through my pinhole camera (the PepsiCam). I think it worked out pretty well.

Couches by Anthony J. Martinez, on Flickr

UH Architecture by Anthony J. Martinez, on Flickr.

Road by Anthony J. Martinez, on Flickr

Happy Valley - Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    very cool little project.

i'm impressed by how sharp the last picture is too actually.
    threemilesfinal.com - An Aviation Industry and Aviation Photography Blog.
    Canon XSi for the Digital and a Lubitel 166B for the Analog. I'm a Medium Format and Film n00b!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, I saved what I thought was best for last. I was quite pleased with the way it came out. I have five more rolls of expired Velvia 50 in the freezer, and I believe they'll all be going through the PepsiCam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about the star? I'm curious what that cam looks like!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's just called the PepsiCam because I finished a can of Pepsi Throwback and then decided "I'm going to make a pinhole camera." I used the Pepsi can for the metal.

Buidling the pinhole camera by Anthony J. Martinez, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. It's pure genius. I thought only brass shim stock will work, not Pepsi cans.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did take some emery cloth to the inside of the can to get it as thin as I felt comfortable with before drilling the hole with a pin tip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool job! The shot with the car really shows off the depth of field available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, my next project will be a 4x5 pinhole camera with about a 75 degree FOV. My enlarger is an old Beseler CB7, and I have 4x5 negative carriers, along with a Jobo tank with 4x5" reels so clearly I must get myself a camera to put that to use. College kid on the GI Bill budget dictates a pinhole fill the role until I fall into the right deal on a field camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made a 4x5 pinhole camera this spring for WPPD. I already owned some 4x5 filmholders and shim stock, so my bigger expenses were a (lifetime supply of) brass blackening liquid and two T-nuts for horizontal and vertical tripod mounting. (The store was out of zinc plated nuts so I bought stainless!) A basement and garage/workshop full of miscellaneous miscellany supplied scraps of birch plywood and other material. I think it was some careful attention (and unusually good luck) with making the actual pinhole, but I believe this year's effort gave the best results I have ever gotten with a pinhole camera.

Anyway, it's fun stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin